Behind the door

Harry had not been joking when he said that they were going down the trapdoor that night. Around midnight, Y/N was shake awake by Ron. He groaned as he wiped the sleep from his eyes, and noticed Harry getting ready to leave as quietly as he could, with Ron holding his finger to his lips to signal to be as quiet as possible. Y/N noticed that Dean and Seamus were both completely fast asleep in their beds. Neville however, was nowhere to be seen. He's forgotten the password again, hasn't he? Y/N thought.

This would be a problem if this was the case. How would they be able to open the door if Neville was outside of it?

This would have to be a problem for later however, as Y/N got changed quickly and quietly. He, Ron and Harry opened the dormitory door as silently as possible before creeping down the stairs to see Hermione stood in the center of the common room waiting for them.

"Right, let's get this over with." Y/N said. Hermione rolled her eyes, but froze very quickly as she heard the sound of croaking.

Harry spun on his feet, only to relax when he realized that it was only Trevor, Neville's pet toad, that had probably just escaped the dorm again.

"Trevor!" Ron spat, " Shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!"

"Yes Ron, because a toad will understand the situation going on here." Y/N retorted sarcastically.

"Yeah, well another person understands." Neville Longbottom appeared out of nowhere, "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?" He asked.

"Now Neville" Harry began, thinking up an excuse, "Listen, we were-"

"No! I won't let you!" Neville shouted, causing Y/N to quickly look around and make sure that nobody else in Gryffindor tower had been awoken.

"You'll get Gryffindor into trouble again... I-i-i-I'll fight you!" Y/N rubbed his hand across his eyes. What the hell do we do now?

Hermione had a relatively quick response to this internal thought as she took out her wand and pointed it at Neville, "Neville, I'm really sorry about this... Petrificus Totalus!"

Neville's arms and les snapped to his side, as though he were a stick blown over in the wind, he fell backwards and remained utterly frozen.

As they moved past Neville, Ron told Hermione, "You're a bit scary sometimes, brilliant, but scary."

Y/N laughed as they exited the common room under the Harry's father's Invisibility Cloak.

* * *

"Ow! You stood on my foot!" Exclaimed Hermione as the group of four hid underneath the Invisibility Cloak traversing the Hogwarts corridors in the dead of night.

"Sorry" whispered Ron as they continued.

"Will you both shut up? We're going to be caught." Stated Y/N bluntly.

"No we're not, we're here. Hermione, open the door please" asked Harry as they stopped in front of a familiar door on the third corridor that was stated to be forbidden by Professor Dumbledore on their first night in the castle nine months ago.

Hermione took out her wand and pointed it towards the door, "Alohomora!"

The door unlocked quietly as the four of them snuck through the door as silently as possible as to not disturb Fluffy, or anything else that they may not have seen the first time that they came through this door.