The First Quidditch Game

Ever since Lockhart's first lesson with his Cornish Pixies, he had refused to bring in anymore creatures or magical beings into the classroom. Instead of doing what a teacher should be doing, teaching, Lockhart had instead resorted to reading out extracts of his own books, often reenacting what he believed to be the most exciting parts. He usually picked Harry, his "pet-project" as Y/N liked to call him, to help with these reenactments. 

In their next Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, Harry was once again hauled to the front of the classroom. Y/N had further enforced the idea of keeping Lockhart in a good mood so they could get access to the Restricted Section. As much as Y/N hated the plan and refused to believe the idea that Draco Malfoy was the Heir of Slytherin, he did admit that the idea of brewing something as complicated as the Polyjuice Potion did intrigue him, as much as he didn't want to admit it to Hermione. 

Y/N watched with second-hand embarrassment as Lockhart told Harry to be a werewolf. 

"Nice loud howl, Harry! And then- if you believe it- I pounced- like this- slammed him to the floor- thus with one hand I managed to hold him down- with my other- I put my wand to his throat- I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the complex Homophus charm- he let out an awful scream- louder than that Harry! The fur vanished- the fangs shrank- and he turned back into a man! Simple, yet effective- yet another village who remember me as the hero who stopped werewolf attacks."

Y/N rolled his eyes as the lesson ended and he packed away his things. 

"Homework- compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copy of Magical Me to the best one!"

The class filtered out as Harry returned to Y/N, Ron and Hermione and sighed. 

"Ready?" Harry muttered.

"Hold on, wait until everyone's left..." said Y/N, "Okay, go on Granger."

Hermione nervously approached Lockhart's desk with the three boys behind her as she was clutching a piece of parchment tightly in her hand.

"Er- Professor Lockhart?" Hermione stammered, "I wanted to- to get this book out of the library- for background reading." She held out the sheet of parchment nervously, "But the thing is, it's in the Restricted Section, so I need a teacher to sign for it. I'm sure it would help me to further understand what you said in Gadding with Ghouls about slow-acting venoms."

"Ah, Gadding with Ghouls!" Said Lockhart, taking the parchment from Hermione and smiling widely, "Possibly my very favourite book, you enjoyed it?"

"Oh yes," said Hermione, eagerly, "so clever, the way you trapped that last one with a teastrainer..."

"Well, I'm sure that nobody will mind me giving the best student of the year a little extra help."

Y/N opened his mouth the dispute this claim, but Ron wisely covered his mouth with his hands. Hermione glanced backwards smugly.

Lockhart scrawled an enormous signature on the parchment to sign off the book and then handed it back to Hermione.

"So, Harry, Y/N." Lockhart addressed the two boys as Hermione fiddled with the note in her bag, "Tomorrow's the first Quidditch match of the season I believe? Gryffindor VS Slytherin is it not? I hear you're a useful player Harry, although I know you're new to the team Y/N, I'm sure you'll give it your best shot! I was seeker too you know, they asked me to tryout for the national team, but my life has been dedicated to stopping dark forces! But, if either of you, especially you Y/N, need any private lessons, give me a shout! I'm always willing to help... less able players."

Harry made a rather indistinguishable noise in his throat and Y/N almost choked on his own saliva. 

"You know Professor" Y/N began, a smug grin on his face calling the bluff, "I might just take you up on that one day soon."