Divination

When the Quartet entered the Great Hall the next morning for Breakfast, one of the first things they saw was Draco Malfoy mocking Harry's collapse on the train. He pretended to faint in front of the gang of Slytherins surrounding him, and they burst into laughter. 

"Ignore him" Hermione said to Harry, "just ignore him, he's not worth it..."

"Hey Potter!" Shrieked Pansy Parkinson, "Potter! The Dementors are comin-" before she could continue however, Pansy was silenced by a ball of parchment smacking against her head. 

She shrieked again, searching around for the culprit, demanding anyone nearby to show their hands and prove they weren't wielding their wand. Y/N's eyes wandered to the Hufflepuff table, where Lauren was sat giggling with Emily, a large stack of parchment in front of her. She didn't use magic, and that was why it worked so well. 

The Quartet sat in their seats, George Weasley passed down their Third-Year timetables, "What's up with you Harry?" He asked, a concerned look on his face.

"Malfoy" said Ron, slumping next to George and glaring at the Slytherin table.

George looked up to see Malfoy pretending to faint once more, though he was more wary about flying bits of parchment. 

"That little git" George said calmly, "He wasn't so cocky last night on the train when the Dementors were near us. Came running into our compartment didn't he Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself" said Fred, glaring at Malfoy.

"You'd have thought Malfoy might have a bit more sense, but he's a lowlife, so his opinion doesn't matter. Ignore him Harry, just like Hermione said." Y/N said, his eyes flickering from Harry to Malfoy.

"It's not a nice feeling that they give, those Dementors" said George.

"Sort of freeze your insides don't they?" said Fred.

"You didn't pass out though" muttered Harry under his breath. 

"Oh forget it Harry" said George, "Dad had to go out to Azkaban, remember Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been, he came back weak and shaking... They suck the happiness out of places, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

"Not Sirius Black though" said Y/N, scanning the newspaper that had another article about him, "apparently he acted normal... Never once cracked under them."

Harry shuddered, and Y/N realised he may have said the wrong thing. 

"Anyway" said Fred, "We'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match. Gryffindor versus Slytherin is the first match of the season, remember?"

That seemed to perk Harry up, as the last time the two teams had faced, Gryffindor had come out on top. Although Harry did lose all the bones in his arm, that was due to an incompetent teacher that thankfully had no idea who he was anymore. 

Hermione was looking at her timetable thoughtfully, "Ooh! We start some new subjects today" she said happily. 

"Hermione" said Ron, frowning looking over her shoulder, "they've messed up your timetable, look- they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time."

"I'll manage, I've fixed it with Professor McGonagall" she said simply. 

"It doesn't happen to do with that meeting you had with her last night would it?" Y/N asked, cocking his head sideways slightly.

Hermione froze and dropped her fork, clanging loudly against her plate. 

"Absolutely nothing" she said, quietly.