{4.02}

EDEN SAT IN HER NEW MEDICAL wing, sorting through various papers as she waited for the ship to return to the safe haven once again. Vince and a few other major members of the Right Arm had decided to take a trip back to the mainland so they could bring back more survivors and any supplies that they could find. It wasn't as if they needed anything else to survive but Vince was starting to get restless, feeling like he hadn't helped enough people. So when a message suddenly reached them on the radio, he had to go over to help.

As she flicked through a long forgotten notebook, her hand and heart stopped on one of the pages. In the very back of the book, Newt had scrawled a perfectly sweet and loving message that she had completely forgotten about until now. She smiled at it for a second then frowned, resting her head against the desk so she could cry without fear of anyone seeing her tears.

A rapping came on her door, jolting her head up instantly as she quickly wiped away her tears. Minho walked in through the door, an unreadable expression calling his face home, "Eden?"

"Hey Minho," she smiled softly, sniffling the sadness from her voice away. "Is there something you need?"

"I need to talk to you," he replied, avoiding her gaze with such intensity that worry began to boil over the grief within her stomach.

Eden stood from her chair and walked around her desk, leaning on the edge of it while facing him. "Go ahead," she pressed, frown beginning to deepen the longer he remained silent.

"Newt's alive."

"What?" she blurted. Her nose shrunk up with disbelief, her eyes full of tears that -this time - did not fall.

"They found Newt, Eden," he paused for at least thirty seconds, giving her time to process. "He's alive."

"You're lying to me," she murmured, avoiding his gaze as the tears slipped down her face. "How could you do that Minho?" her voice remained a whisper despite how much she wanted to yell at him, she just did not have the energy.

"Eden I'm not lying, he came over on the ship."

"Liar," she muttered. "I saw him die! Why are you lying to me?" she yelled, hitting at his chest as she had no other way to communicate the pure pain that he was putting her through.

"Eden I swear to you," Minho continued, not moving out of the way of her punches. Instead he took both of her wrists with his hands, stopping her movements until she pulled her arms from his.

"He's dead. I saw it, there's no way," she sniffled, shaking her head profusely as she wiped her eyes of tears.

"He's probably looking for you right now."

She shook her head again, walking to the others side of her desk. "Stop it Minho."

"Just go, I promise you."

"Stop, Minho!"

"I swear on my life."

Eden walked back over to him, the sound of her shoes against the wood floor filling the tense silence. A part of her wanted to believe him. Scratch that, every part of her wanted to believe him. Needed to believe him. She needed Newt back, needed her person and all that came with him. The very idea that he could be alive, let alone on the same island as she was, set such a feeling through her stomach that she could not just leave it alone. Despite her logically knowing that he was dead, having seen his body, she needed to check. "If you're lying I will decapitate you with my bare hands," she threatened quietly before storming out of the room.

In the distance along the beach, she spotted a figure. A figure that did not look like anyone who lived in the Safe haven but it was a person that she knew like the back of her hand. She, for a second, looked away from him and to the ship that had now returned. When she looked back, he had turned. He turned and she could no longer breathe.