{1.17}

GALLY STALKED TOWARD NEWT AND Eden as soon as they both stood up, planning to go and survey the damage to the Lab. His nostrils flared as he stopped in front of them both, looking directly at Eden with such a fierce look in his eyes that she actually felt shivers travel up her spine. "What's your plan then?"

"I'll tell you my plan when I tell everyone else, Gally, like always," she replied dismissively, noticing how Newt moved slightly closer to her.

"See I don't think that's good enough," Gally almost seethed, crossing his arms over his chest angrily. "Me and some of the other guys," he paused dramatically yet Eden had half the mind to laugh. It didn't feel like the right situation to correct such a thing. "Don't agree with how your running things here."

She shrugged, not giving him the reaction he so clearly craved, "If you don't like it, feel free to leave."

He scoffed,  "Funny, that's exactly what I was going to say to you. I have majority."

Eden looked around, mostly over his shoulder, and what she saw did not display the optimism she had carried before. A huge crowd of people stared back at her, all without emotion. Her heart fell the most when she met a particular set of eyes, those belonging to Frypan.  "Whatever Gally. Kill yourself and a bunch of others, It's your choice," she dismissed before walking away from the discussion, not having the energy to deal with him for any longer. Newt followed instantly, running to her side and matching her increased pace.

"He's going to banish Thomas and anyone who sides with him at sundown, I could just tell. We're going to make a break for it before then, as he sets up the poles for banishment. Get the guys who still trust us in on the plan, make sure Minho knows. But do it discreetly, okay?" she whispered to him once they were far out of earshot.

Newt nodded, turning to head toward the pit where the majority of the others (the others who hadn't betrayed her rule) sat while waiting for Thomas to wake. Once he noticed she hadn't followed, instead turned in a completely different direction, he asked, "Where are you going?"

"I have something to do. I won't be long, I promise," she smiled, not bothering to make it reassuring as she knew it would not have any effect on Newt's levels of anxiousness.

Eden walked out to the deadheads, where they buried the fallen Gladers. She spent a few minutes looking over the existing graves and then picked up a large rock from the edge of the area. She placed this rock in its own little space and then took out a small knife that she kept in her pocket. She used it to mark the rock with Alby's name, bold as anything. Then she draped one of Alby's shirts over the top of it, adding a small circular bead to the top of it. She and Alby both had one of these beads, they had come from a random bag in the supplies brought up with him in the box. She had found his in his room and chose to make it a part of his grave while hers resided on a bookmark, within the notebook that sat in the bottom of her bag.

At the sound of a twig snapping under the weight of something that was not a friendly animal, Eden snapped around and grabbed the nearest weapon immediately extending it toward the intruder without even looking to see who it was. "I'm not on his side!" Frypan exclaimed in a panic, eyes wide as his hands flung up defensively.

"Jesus Fry, announce yourself," she replied, gently placing the weapon down at her side. Eden, with one look at Alby's grave, stood from the leaves and walked over to Frypan silently. She wanted to be closer to him so there was less likeness for anyone to overhear their important and extremely secret conversations.

Fry looked around too, though there wasn't really much point as anyone in the near vicinity would have heard his panicked yells. He whispered, "I'm not on his side. He said we had to go on his side-"