{3.02}

EDEN, DESPITE HER protests that involved a lot of yelling, had not been permitted to help rescue Minho. The reasons behind it actually made a lot of sense - she was needed elsewhere. Instead of what she so wanted to be doing, Eden had to wait for the others to pull off the rescue mission. It was an insanely nerve wracking situation to be in but it would have been nothing compared to what the others were going through.

Eden had the job instead to prep for these newcomers' arrivals. With everyone of importance - Vince and other leaders- it only left her to be the one in charge. She gave orders to those who needed them then sprant to the medical hut, needing to get about a billion things ready in the shortest time possible. She, with Celia's help, prepped everything they could ever need for any situation imaginable. They were even prepared for surgery, in the unlikely occasion that it was necessary. Eden pushed so much energy into her preparation to keep her mind off the thoughts that her whole entire family was in grave danger. It was better than sitting still and stewing in it, even if she did happen to run into a few tables in the process.

Slowly but surely, after a good few hours and a few games of ping pong (Eden won by one point) patients began to trickle into the medical hut. At first they were relatively calm, getting to chat to the people as they checked them over. Then, as time progressed, they simply did not have the time to talk very much anymore. The faces that passed her in the medical hut were unrecognisable and as the crowd began to dwindle down, Eden was getting less and less hopeful that Minho would be amongst those who had been rescued. To add to her worry, Newt had not visited as soon as he got back - like he promised. She managed to distract herself with the patients, like always, and did not even notice the next few people that entered until she heard her name called.

She turned and was instantly met with Aris, a bright smile on his face. Eden stood from her stool, leaving her papers that she had been scribbling on haphazardly on the desk and quickly walked over to him. "Hey!" she smiled brightly as she fell into his offered hug.

"It's good to see you," Aris half whispered, voice wavering ever so softly.

"You too Aris," Eden quickly replied, smiling still on her lips as the hug between them broke. She took a second of silence to survey his appearance, checking for any obvious injuries that needed attending to. It was her job after all. "Any cuts or damages that need looking at? Apart from the one on your eyebrow," she asked, peering at the small gash on his eyebrow and the purple bruise that surrounded it.

He shook his head, gaze wandering around the room to take in his surroundings, "Nothing, just a little bruising."

Her gaze softened slightly, monetarily letting her thoughts sink into pitiful ones about what he had been through in Wicked. She struck it from her eyes instantly though, still thinking it but not showing it in the slightest. "Painkillers?" she offered without hesitation, watching as relief lessened the frown of pain on his face.

"If you have them spare," he replied, shrugging as if he did not desperately want them. She could just tell it in his eyes.

"Course," she smiled before walking across the room, to the locked cabinet of medicines that only she and Vince had the keys to. She took out a large tube of pills, placed a few into a small dish then grabbed a glass of water from the table - all of these were handed to Aris in succession. She added, "I also have a vaccine for Crank transformations if you would like it, totally not mandatory but majorly recommended."

He remained silent, deliberating his options for a few seconds. Eventually, he answered, "Can I get it later?"

She nodded quickly, sensing his discomfort surrounding the situation. She wasn't going to force him into anything he did not want or was scared of receiving. "Just come and see me if and when you want, I'm almost always here."

"Doesn't surprise me," he laughed softly, the first crack in the relatively cold exterior that Aris had taken on.

"Eden!" Celia called out from across the room, immediately bringing Eden back into the headspace she had taken on beforehand.

"That's my queue," Eden laughed softly, turning away from Aris to survey the situation from where she stood. A small volume of blood caught her peripherals and she instantly turned back to Aris. She desperately wanted to leave the situation but did not want to appear rude. "Catch up with you later?"

He nodded and just as he looked down to pop some of the pills, Eden ran in the direction of the blood. By the time he looked back up again she had already completely disappeared, leading him to just wander out of the medical tent in search of a place he could catch five minutes of alone time to process.

 ☪

EDEN SAT AT HER DESK, forking through various papers and different sheets as she attempted to form some sort of organisational system for all of the trackers. With all the new members of the Right Arm cured and examined, she had nothing left to do. No more distractions from the fact that Newt still had not made any sort of appearance at her door. Her mind went to all sorts of places, death was the most frequent place as if it were a major injury they would have already brought him to her to fix. She distantly just thought he would be busy, given the massive feat the rescue was but her mind was anything but rational in these overwhelmingly tense situations.

Eden was about an hour into the extensive process that was batch making a dozen curers - as their supply had dwindled incredibly with the newcomers - when the rapid knocking (that she had thought she had heard repeatedly over the hour) sounded in her head once again. This time she reluctantly looked up, needle still in hand, to see whether her mind had made up the noise once again.

Her face lit up as she saw Newt through the glass, smiling softly back at her. She did not waste a second in waving him into the office, instantly putting down her needle and removing the gloves that had dealt with Crank blood as to not infect him - just in case.

"I thought you'd gone and got yourself killed," Eden sighed out of relief, quickly moving out from behind her desk. As soon as she was close enough, she moved into an embrace with her arms tight across his back. His hands joined in the small of her back, one genty moving up and down comfortingly. She inhaled deeply before continuing, "Or captured or-"

"I'm okay, Pepper," he paused, brushing some hair off her shoulder with one hand so it was no longer in his face. " Got away with a scrape."

Her brow instantly raised and she pulled away from the hug, getting a better look at his face and thus the intensity of the situation. "Scrape?"

"Nothing serious," he brushed off, shrugging as their hug broke apart. Eden cocked a brow, remaining silent. He, after a few seconds, sighed and rolled up his sleeve to the scrape - knowing that she would not settle until it was checked. Eden took a hold of his arm just above his wrist, expecting the scrape intensely.

"Nothing serious," she grumbled, clicking her tongue as a frown replaced her previous smile. Eden walked over to the cupboard in the corner of her office and pulled out a few blue packages. She cleaned the rather deep gash on his arm with antiseptic, apologising at his wince. "No Minho?" she asked softly, focusing all her attention onto the injury.

"Wrong carriage," he replied, jaw somewhat tense with pain that she felt awful for causing.

Eden blinked repeatedly, taking in the information as she tore open a second package of gauze to clean up the dried blood. "Well shit," she whispered back, unpackaging a bandage as she leant back onto her desk to secretly counteract the sudden disorientation dizziness that swept through her mind. The pills from the morning were beginning to wear off.

"But Thomas has a plan."

Eden's brow once again crept up onto her forehead just as she tied the bandage around his arm, securing it tightly."What's the plan?"

His brief hesitation only added to her intrigue to this plan. "Is there anyone in the tent?"

"Celia and a few patients, why?"

Newt moved to close the door, the satisfying click echoing in the tense silence. "It's a secret," he paused, only adding to her extreme intrigue. "And he doesn't know what I know."

She laughed briefly, nervously crossing her arms over her chest, "Colour me intrigued."