{3.11}

TO SAY THAT THEIR GOODBYE WAS one of novels would be a gross exaggeration. They were both well aware of the risk that they were going into and neither was happy about the other participating, even if it did save their friend. Eden's main concern was Newt's deteriorating health and his was her likeliness to die. Neither cared for the other's concern and would do so anyway. So tension between them was insanely papeable, so much so that their hug and kiss goodbye just did not feel right. She watched him walk away with Thomas and Eden, waiting until she could not see him anymore before disappearing off with Brenda.

Conversation buzzed on their walkie talkie the entire time Brenda and Eden snuck to and through the bus depot. They had both hidden behind an overturned box away from everyone as soon as Thomas began to talk, not wanting the rather quiet sound to tip anyone off to their presence - if the unconscious bodies they had run into previously were not already discovered.

"Frypan we're in, how you doing?"

"Yeah i'm getting there. Tell Minho Hi for me."

"Hang in there buddy."

"Brenda, Eden. Status?"

"We're working on it," Brenda whispered back, watching as Eden attacked an approaching guard that had probably distantly heard the walkie. It did not take long for her to take the Guard down and steal their gun, adding it to the growing collection in her bag - just in case. "Or Eden is," Brenda laughed.

"It's cathartic!" she yelled back, laughing breathlessly. It looked like they had cleaned out all the guards by that point, without tipping anyone off. So they hopped into the nearest bus, Brenda climbed into the drivers seat whilst handing Eden the walkie.

"You gonna be there in time?"

"Without a doubt," Eden replied at the exact moment Brenda managed to get the bus moving. There was no reply from Thomas, or anyone else on the other end of the walkie so she just assumed that they were back on track with the plan and simply did not have the time to talk. She did not let her mind slip into worry, knowing that there was little to none point as whatever could have happened was unpreventable on her end. She also knew that Newt had at least three hours before he lost it completely - however that figure was just a hopeful estimation.

Brenda drove whilst Eden looked out for remaining guards, gun ready in her hand just in case something happened to go south. They had no problems for the entire drive, well barring one guard that Eden soon sorted out and just about avoided getting shot in the neck herself. They came to a stop in a near empty parking lot, waiting outside closed doors that Gally had said they would escape through as soon as Minho and the children were secured. The plan was that then Eden, Gally and Thomas would run back into the building and to the labs (which were just down the corridor) so she could grab supplies then they would easily escape once again.

Only when the kids all ran out, darting in different directions until Gally appeared and pracitally herded them into the bus, did she notice that Thomas, Minho and Newt were all missing.

"Where are they?" she yelled to Gally as she ran to the front of the bus having previously been sat in the back, leaning out of the window to have better sight on the guards that chased the group.

"You can't go back in there. They're onto us," Gally replied breathlessly, doubled over as he struggled to fill his lungs with air. Brenda took one look at Eden then threw her two freshly loaded guns, seconds before she ran out of the bus and back into the building. Brenda knew there was no way of preventing it, so she just helped. Gally had an opposite idea and yelled at her, briefly chasing in her path before she disappeared into maze-like corridors.