{1.16}

EDEN RELUCTANTLY LEFT THE  Council hall and wiped all the tears from her face, going back into focused leadership mode. Grief and shock could just wait for later after all this had been sorted to the best of her abilities. She followed behind the main group, led by Thomas, looking around all the damage and carnage of the Glade. Thankfully, she could not see any Griever in sight.

Eden turned around to where the others were looking and noticed an approaching figure. A figure she realised to be Gally as he got closer. This wasn't going to be good. The group were enveloped in shocked silence while they waited for Gally to get close enough to say something, eyes darting amongst the fire piles as Grievers roared in the distance. Gally, once he was close enough, socker punched Thomas in the face so hard that he almost tumbled to the ground. "Gally!"

"This is all you, Thomas! Huh? Look around!" Gally yelled, having to be held back by both Minho and Frypan.

Minho fought to keep Gally in place while Newt and Teresa went to check on Thomas, "Back off, Gally. It's not Thomas' fault."

"You heard what Alby said. He's one of them. They sent him here to destroy everything and now he has!" he yelled in protest, fighting against Frypan and Minho violently. "Look around, Thomas. Look around!"

"Hey back off Gally," Minho yelled while shoving him backwards in an attempt to keep him under control. Eden while this was occurring, remained completely silent and just watched everything unfold. Newt, seeing this, furrowed his brow in her direction and wondered if this was just her reaction to all the death or if something else was going on. "Gally just calm down!"

Eden watched as Thomas snatched the stinger from Chuck, peering at it as if it was his holy grail. "Thomas?" she whispered, trying to figure out what his plan was without alerting the others.

"I need to remember," he muttered, turning the syringe over in his hand to a more comfortable holding position. Thomas looked up to Eden, his voice low so others did not hear, "You still have the cures?"

"Two," Eden quickly whispered back, looking toward the council hall where her syringes were. Thomas wasted no time before injecting himself with the syringe from the Griever. He collapsed to the ground, falling with such a thud that Eden winced at the thought of the bruise he would wake up with and also the possible concussion. She then proceed to run to the Council hall, quickly grabbing her bag containing the needles. She ran back out, jumping over a burnt and dead piece of Griever as she dug through the bag to get the syringe out quicker. Eden carefully injected Thomas with the contents of one syringe, hoping and praying that the cure hadn't just been a one-time working thing. "Put him in the pit," she instructed at a loud level, making sure everyone heard. It, in her mind, was the safest place for an unconscious person to be. If the cure did not work, he had no way of getting out and rage killing everyone. If it did work, she could keep an eye on the pit and make sure no one unfriendly tried to kill him while he was out. Gally was her main worry, despite it all.

"Can I stay with him?" Teresa asked, taking her attention away from Thomas. She had sat him up so his head was no longer on the floor, instead of in her lap.

Eden smiled, finally realising the nature of their relationship, "Course you can Teresa."

EDEN SAT ALONE IN THE TREELINE, facing away from the carnage of the night. She had chosen to avoid the chaos for as long as possible, just so she could let herself grieve everyone alone and without the distraction of having to run the Glade. She simply hoped the others would be able to handle themselves for the time she was gone, not that she doubted their capability at all. It was a selfish act, she knew that, but she hardly ever took the time for herself. She thought that due to the stress and fear of the evening, she deserved maybe an hour alone. Tops. Her alone time broke as someone approached her hiding place. She could tell who it was due to their walk and the way that their steps sounded against the grass. "How many?" she asked once Frypan was within hearing distance, not bothering to turn around. He stopped behind her, not wanting to invade her space too much.