{2.14}

A RUSTED, BLURRED SLIDING door was opened in front of them and suddenly all she could see was people and their fires. There had to be nearly a hundred people, all scowling and watching their every move as the woman lead them though the building. The group followed this woman - that they had not known for more than five minutes - blindly into the deep depths of the building.

Eden and Newt's hands had not broken contact since their palms had met. She did feel him squeeze her hand tightly after some creepy looking guys had formed a pack behind them, looming dangerously over Eden's shoulder as they smirked at her in all the wrong ways. Noticing this, Aris quickly but non-chanatly moved to walk beside her, taking the place of Frypan who had instantly moved to walk behind her. She did not ask them to do so, nor did she ever let onto the discomfort the situation had bought her. Their movement did make her feel somewhat safer though, despite the fact that the creepy guys could easily overpower their group if they needed to. "Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt asked lowly as they turned into another room, the door sliding shut behind them.

"Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say," Thomas answered as they headed up hopefully the last staircase leading to Jorge. All of Eden's adrenaline had run out so now she was running on empty, desperately needing a nap or two. Despite this, she somehow found the energy to keep moving and to even nod in agreement towards Thomas - who had looked to her for reassurance on his decision.

The room which they entered next thankfully contained this Jorge they had been sent to meet. He had his back turned to them originally as he messed with a radio on a table, the room full of radio chatter that she could not make any sense of. The radio switched to static and a rather angry Jorge practically slammed the radio off, pinching his brow with his fingertips before he turned around to face them."You ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" Jorge chuckled in such a way that they all thought it was a trick question. It read like a trick question in every way, given everything that was happening and had happened to them in the past weeks. "Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" Silence acted as their answer, filling the room in such a way that the feeling of suffocation quickly rose in her throat. "Don't all answer at once."

"We're headed for the mountains," Thomas piped up, his voice uneasy and quieter than she had ever heard it. This did not seem to satisfy Jorge in any way and Eden's apprehension of him only grew. "Looking for the Right Arm."

The overlooking crowd all laughed, deep guttural laughs that sent shivers down the spines of the group. She had never wanted out of an area more, even the maze felt safer. Newt squeezed Eden's hand again, seeking the comfort that came with the reminder of her close proximity. She shrugged her jacket down on her side ever so slightly, letting the sleeve cover their joined hands. She just had a feeling that it was a necessary precaution and there was no way she would let go of his hand in this situation.

"You're looking for ghosts, you mean," Jorge answered back before taking a drink out of a glass, she didn't know weather it was alcoholic or simply just water but at the sight of it her throat yearned for the liquid. "Question number two, Where did you come from?"

"That's our business," Minho replied before anyone else could, his expression something she could only call dirty. It looked as if he had smelt something foul. Eden cringed visibly at his response. It was entirely the wrong thing to say, a silly response even. He should have lied or better yet not said a word. As she suspected, two burly men strode forward ad held Minho back while they took THoms into their clutches. The group desperately tried to protest this, with yells and physical actions, but they simply could not overpower them. Eden raised a brow as Brenda - the woman who had brought them here in the first place - took out a device that shrouded Thomas's neck in a green light. Some sort of marking was revealed on the back of his neck, disappearing before she could get a good look at it.