{1.15}

EDEN AND THE REST OF THE  med hut, baring Alby, ran out of the room and into full chaos. Gladers were running around with weapons and fear-stricken faces. "Winston, what's going on?" Eden asked as soon as he was in earshot, looking around for what was causing such danger.

"The doors, they aren't closing," Winston replied hastily just as Eden's gaze settled on the doors that were - as he had said - completely wide open with no hope of closing anytime soon. Everyone ran to the doors, stopping just in front of them as they all peered at the still concrete. A loud yet also distant mechanical rumble echoed through the entire glade and erupted sounds of pain from all of the Gladers. Eden however felt herself spiral into panicked thoughts, the only thing keeping her somewhat sane was the fact that Newt had precautionary slipped his hand into hers at the sound - almost getting ready to drag her away from any danger.

The next thing that caught her attention was the birds. The birds usually chilled on top of the walls and didn't actively cause much ruckus in their lives. Sure they sometimes stole some food but other than that, they were calm animals. That had changed incredibly. The birds squealed loudly above their heads, flying haphazardly in random directions as they all fled the tops of the walls. Eden watched in horror as all four of the doors around the maze opened, a plan began to form in her head at each of the sounds. She looked away from the walls for a second and found that every head was staring at her awaiting an instruction that could save their lives. One thing she knew for sure, the Grievers had free rein of the Glade and they needed to hide. "Minho, weapons. Newt and Winston go with him and get all you can," she instructed, looking at each person as she spoke. "Teresa, Thomas. Go and get Alby," she continued, only pausing as Griever noises got increasingly louder overall. She reached her limit of calm within the panic when screams of pain swallowed the Glade whole. "Everyone hide, now!" she yelled and within an instant, people followed the orders. Everyone bolted in a similar direction, some heading to the box and others heading toward the Homestead and various other hiding places.

Eden however, ran in the complete opposite direction to everyone else with little regard for how unsafe it made her. She had a promise to keep. She ran directly toward the lab, taking a lit torch when it was offered to her by Clint before he too disappeared. "Pepper!" Newt yelled after her, wondering why she hadn't followed to the Homestead like he and everyone else had expected her to.

She stopped a run but remained walking backwards, yelling back to him, "I have to burn it all! I promised!"

"Now?" he yelled back with pure shock etched on his features, despite their distance she still had the ability to see it as clear as day. Also, it was extremely evident in his voice and the way his shoulders were.

"Who knows? The Grievers could be powered by them! I have to go!"

Newt sighed loudly and yelled after her as she started to turn back around, "Eden!"

"Go help the others, Newt. I'll be there in a few minutes!" she yelled, completely dismissing the concern as she ran away completely. He did not see what direction she went in yet knew her destination. But he didn't follow, instead choosing to follow orders as he knew his presence would have little effect on her decision to burn everything down. She could handle herself, he knew that. It did not stop him from worrying though, deep-rooted worry that made him physically nauseous.

Eden ran into the lab and shut the door, using her chair to keep it closed just in case a Griever happened to follow her or figure out how a door hinge worked. She grabbed the one rucksack she kept in the lab, for emergency-type things and then began piling the few incredibly important documents she owned. She kept one of the notebooks that contained the formula for the cures (the one that was in a code only she understood so it looked like dodgy notes and scribbles to everyone else), she kept the cooler as it fit in her bag and extra batteries for it. She made sure Thomas's blood was safe and secure, not that she couldn't get more if she needed to, and also made sure that she had the other components needed for the cure safely within her bag. She grabbed a few syringes and a few sterilised needles and chucked them all into the bag. Next, she removed the chair from the door and dropped the torch onto the paper-covered floor as she escaped the building.