{3.06}

THE VAN CAME TO A HALT after a journey that felt exponentially longer than it actually was. As soon as the driver had put the van to a full stop, Eden looked up to Jorge and nodded. Instantly, both Eden and Fry took out the guards at their sides and Jorge pounced onto the other, swinging the doors to the van open in the process. He screamed for Brenda while maintaining a vice like grip on the masked guards, despite how many guns were fixed onto his head. And he only let go when Brenda forced him too.

"Everyone relax. We're all on the same side here," a masked man, the one in which she weirdly felt she recognised, announced. In turn, each of the masked guards dropped the aim on their guns and visibly relaxed, letting the people who had been restrained go.

Eden, in the silence of confusion everyone was talking part in, climbed out of the van and instantly sped walked over to Newt, hugging him tight. She used the hug as a coverup, position her head just so that her whispers would not be heard nor would they appear suspicious to anyone. It simply just looked like a hug between two people who had been frightened for the others life for a long time, which it was to an extent. "I think they know," she whispered so softly that he could only just about hear.

"Stay close," he mumbled back as they broke the hug, his hand moving to the small of her back where it would reside for the remaining time. Newt somehow, unbeknownst to Eden, caught the attention of Frypan. He soon moved to her other side, angling himself just slightly in front of her. Eden hated that such measures were necessary but she would be lying if she said that it did not make her feel extremely safe in a nerve wracking situation.

"Who the hell are you?" Thomas half yelled, desperate to figure out who and took them and therefore how much danger they were actually in. The masked man in charge looked around himself then pulled off the clouded mask. Eden stared, momentarily unfazed and ever so confused. Only when the sight fully sunk into her head did she process who stood in front of her. Gally, in his full annoying glory. She could not and would simply refuse to debunk the feeling that arose within her stomach.

Eden then suddenly became extremely aware of Newt's Presence next to her. She could hear his jaw clench, feeling the pure fury radiating off him much quicker than she had been able to process the sight before her. She slowly moved her hand to his shoulder, adding the slightest pressure that she hoped would deter him from attacking.

"Eden i'm so sorry," Gally cleared his throat, the room coming to a crashing silence. 

She stepped forward, moving around Fry and walked directly up to him, instantly slapping him across the face. "You asshole," she snapped, blatantly ignoring all the guns pressed onto her her head. The sound of the slap remained to echo around their surroundings for a few seconds before it dissipated completely, the only sign of her attack being the red mark on his face.

"I deserved that," he replied, waving the guards to stand down. Eden then grabbed onto his shoulders and forcefully directed her knee upwards. "That too," he continued weakly, slightly hunched over as he stepped away from her. Eden could think of a dozen more awful things to do to him in return for all the awful things he had put her through but Jorge's voice pulled her away from all of those thoughts.

"Am I missing something here?" he queried loudly, asking the question which she knew was on everyone's mind. Well everyone but the gladers.

Eden turned towards Jorge, unable to look Gally in the eye any longer. The scowl pressed onto her face was unlike anything he had ever seen before. "He's the one that shot me. "

"I was Stung!" Gally instantly defended, voice travelling higher than usual.

"He shot you?" Jorge called out simultaneously, outrage ringing ever so clear in his voice.

Eden whoever turned back to Gally, shooting back, "I offered you the-'' She managed to stop herself before it was too late, clearing her throat to try and cover up the abrupt halt in her reply.

"They know."

"Right. Of course they do," she mumbled, tugging the slides of her jacket down uncomfortably. She did not know heer she stood with these people and that was almost more frightening than the Cranks. She did not know whether they would capture her for the cure or just kill her outright. She frowned at Gally once again, choosing to distract herself with his miraculous survival. "Don't think this means I forgive you for shooting me and turning the entire glade against me."

"Noted," he nodded, clearing his throat once more. "So, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Minho," Newt answered, temper towards Gally running short. "Wicked has him here. We're looking for a way in."

Gally's brow rose in interest, "I can help with that... Follow me. "

Slowly they all followed him, eyes glancing around at all the others to make sure others were feeling the same unease. Which they all were, just in various intensities. Eden could quickly tell that Thomas was the most uncomfortable with the situation, given his expression and the dozens of questions rolling off his tongue. Eden jumped ever so slightly as Newt made it to her side, hand slipping into the small of her back once again.

"Do we trust him?" he asked lowly once she had settled from the scare that really did not need to be such a fright. She just had not seen him beforehand and the guards had put her completely on edge.

"No but we need to get into the walls. He seems to be the best option," Eden sighed softly, not liking this option as much as she wanted to. She glanced down after noticing his attention was elsewhere and soon noticed the opening and closing of his hand, as if it was aching awfully. "Newt..."

"It's just bruised Pepper," he snapped, still whispering despite the tone of his voice.

Eden hesitated, completely taken aback by the sudden change in his demeanour. "Okay," she replied softly before taking a few quicker steps forward, attempting to hide the deep frown that had fallen onto her lips due to the dozens of questions floating in her mind. Mainly concerning his health.

"I didn't-" he trailed off, running up to catch her via placing a hand onto her shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm just overwhelmed, in pain and tired. I didn't mean to snap at you,"

She smiled softly, "Do you want some meds?"

He shook his head almost instantly, "No, you need those."

"I'll be fine without a couple, I brought extra anyway. Hold out your hand?"

Eden took some of the pills from the bottle in her pocket, six to be exact and arranged them into a smiley face onto his palm. "God I love you," he laughed, taking two of the pills and swallowing them while he pocketed the rest.

"Was that to the pills or me or me about the pills?"

"You. Just you." There was a long pause as she smiled softly, cheeks dusting with a soft pink. Newt draped his arm over her shoulders as they walked, kissing her forehead. "And the arrangement."

"Wanna know something I've noticed?" she asked, watching as his brow lifted in intrigue. He hummed in reply, mind beginning to become fuzzy due to the pills. She had purposefully given him the fast acting ones, knowing they would be the most appreciated. "You kiss four places and never anywhere else."

"I do, do I?" he queried with the briefest of smirks, it was almost invisible in fact.

"My forehead, lips. The surgery scar on my hip and my hand."

"Interesting..." 

Little lies - NEWTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें