{1.02}

EDEN, ONCE AGAIN, SAT AT HER DESK surrounded by various papers and many vials and beakers full of various substances. To any other person, her life would look boring. Full of repetitive work, random meetings and many failed attempts at trying to find the correct thing that she needed to mass-produce the cures as she wanted to.

A sweeping relief eased away the tension within her shoulders when she heard the distance echoing alarum of the box coming up from wherever it originated from. She no longer had to worry about food rations running out as a new selection of meats and other things that they could not produce themselves would be bought up along with another greenie. She just hoped that this time, it could be a girl. She had wanted that very thing for years upon end, just wanting someone who she could relate to about the more 'girly' things in life. Eden focused back on her work with the microscope and a certain sample of Griever sting fluid, simply waiting for Alby to turn up with a status report and her replenished supply of equipment that could occupy the thinning cupboards. She didn't question where all these things came from as the thought hurt her head far too much and had plagued her night thoughts for far too long. That was one thing Eden prefered to ignore in her life.

NEWT HAD BEEN GIVEN CHARGE OF THE new greenie after Alby had given the usual welcoming speech. It wasn't a job he particularly liked doing, given he would much rather be elsewhere - on the field for example- but he did it without any complaints. He took the Greenie on the typical walk around the Glade, showing him the various areas and different jobs (all of which did not seem to appeal to him in the slightest.) They had stopped in the centre of the Glade, to give Thomas time to soak his surroundings in before he took him to find Chuck - the next person the Greenie would meet during his settling-in process.

"So it's just guys around here?" the Greenie, who looked rather quizzical and curious for a newbie, asked while he glanced around the glade. His head moved so quickly that Newt could not understand how he could actually take anything about the surroundings in.

"No, not all guys. There's one woman. You'll meet her later, she tends to want to talk to the Newbies after Alby gives the usual speech. Typical leader things, warnings usually," Newt explained with a glance toward the hut where Eden most likely was.

"She?" The greenies brow furrowed deeply as his attention focused on Newt instead of his confusing surroundings. "I thought Alby was the leader?"

"He told you that? Cheeky Shank," Newt chuckled softly, looking toward the floor. "Eden is our actual leader, Alby's her second in command. He does all the meetings for her, gives her orders while she works in that hut over there," he explained while gesturing toward the door of the hut he was talking about.

The Greenie turned to the door, brow raised quizzically as his gaze narrowed somewhat, "What's that one?"

Newt sighed softly upin noticing the door was completely closed. He hated when she fully closed the door, it gave the fumes created within the room no way to escape and gave her the most awful headaches that she often complained to him about. "The lab. She makes the cures."

"Cure to what exactly?" the Greenie asked, his attention fully focused for once. The idea of something needing to be cured within the Glade, for once, did not seem to frighten the newcomer. Instead, he looked awfully intrigued and had that same spark of interest in his eyes that Newt recognised from Eden. The spark that meant that she wasn't going to let something go and would push all her energy into it until either an answer became clear or she found another spark. His gut sunk at the sight of the similar spark within Thomas, something within him knew something was wrong. That whatever he was thinking wasn't about to be good. He made sure to make a note to tell Eden about it at the next opportunity, so she could keep an eye on him more so than the others.