{3.07}

"LISTEN UH... HE DOESN'T get a lot of visitors," Gally forewarned the entire group, stopping just outside the entrance to another room that had an already deathly aura to it. Newt glanced at Eden at the same time as she did to him, sharing the same wide eyed look and foreboding thought. "So let me do the talking. All right? And try not to stare."

Gally walked off then, not waiting for a reply that none of them were going to give - he knew that from his time in the Glade. The group, lead by Thomas at this occasion, walked into the dark room and were instantly sucmed to the dasterous smell of rotting flowers. Eden's hand involuntarily went to cover the end of her nose, as if it would muffle the rancid scent. It had no effect whatsoever.

"Gally. Glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened," a grating voice from the dark announced as Gally walked into his line of sight, soon followed by the rest of the group. Each person looked in a different direction, trying to get used to their new and rather sinister surroundings.

"It was a slaughter. There's nothing we could do against those guns," Gally answered back causally, as if the death of dozens was usual and not something to be frightened about. Wicked had far too much power over them, even without the constant control over their bodies in the Glade.

"No... But they can only poke the hornet's nest for so long before they get stung," the ominous voice came from the corner again, this time slightly more towards the middle of the room by a table where dozens of flowers sat. "Now.." he paused as he smelled a bright red rose, twisting the stem between his fingers. "Who are these people? Why are they here?"

"We need to get into Wicked," Thomas answered instantly, stepping forward to introduce himself into the conversation. He had, unsurprisingly, done the one thing that Gally advised them against.

"Doofus," Eden muttered under her breath, Frypan sniggered softly at her side. Amusement at Thomas' stupidity happened to just about cover the fear about what was about to face them.

Thomas persisted even though his earlier comment had not had a response, "Gally said you can get us through the walls."

"Gally knows better than to make promises he can't keep," the man paused and she could just tell that Thomas was on the receiving end of an appalled stare. "Besides, that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside Wicked is impossible."

"There might be a way now," Gally shrugged. "But it doesn't work without Thomas."

"Is that so?" he paused dramatically, beginning to move forward slowly. "Do you know what I am... Thomas?" As he moved out from behind the darkness, Eden's eyes involuntarily grew to the size of saucers. There was a cavity where his nose was supposed to be, almost calcified boils covered his cheeks and there was such a look of death in his eyes that she could not look into them for too long. He whispered something to Thomas, which no one could make out no matter how they tried, then recioled back as if disgusted. "Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?"

"'Cause I can help you," Thomas partly whispered, watching his every move. '"You get me through those walls and I can get you what you need."

He scoffed, "What is it that you think I need?"

"Time. Every last drop."

Eden frowned in confusion, not quite understanding where Thomas was going with this. She trusted him though and truly believed that whatever it was would be pulled off to his best ability.

"I tell you what. Two can go for now. The rest stay down here with me,"he paused, taking a inhale that sounded rattly. "Just a little insurance. And cure girl stays, I'd like to have a chat with her." The Gladers all looked around in succession, deliberating the deal. Thomas turned to Eden, squinting in her direction as if to ask permission. She nodded discreetly, choosing to ignore the disapproving glance Newt sent her way. "We have a deal?"

Thomas turned back and apprehensively shook the man's hand, sealing the deal instantaneously. The ominous voice chuckled as if he had gotten away with murder, "Gally, show him the way."

THOMAS WAS GIVEN THE CHOICE of who he took into Wicked with him and Gally. Much to Eden's dismay, he chose Newt. And of course, Newt being the person that he was, he didn't refuse despite the fact that he had only minutes before enthused to Eden about finally getting a moment to rest and perhaps succumb to the tiredness caused by his illness and the medication. Eden however did try to a argue against it - for Newt's sake - but her points were soon overlooked.

Newt sat down on an overturned box to sort out his shoes, tucking the end of them into his boot to minimize exposure as Eden had advised so many months ago. The motion however caused a shooting pain up his arm, his hand instantly clenching in pain. The clicking, almost snapping, of bones that followed ran her blood cold.

"Painkillers not working?" Eden asked with a frown, looking up at him from her seat on the floor..

"No they are, just not constantly," he replied with a soft shrug as if the pain was not blinding and anger fueling at the most random intervals.

Her frown only deepened, "Are you sure it's just bruised?"

There was a moment. The briefest of moments where she noticed the flash of something contradictory in his eyes. An emotion that went completely against the words that he replied with, "Yeah, I checked a second ago. A nasty bruise."

She chuckled softly, covering up her immediate concern with humor as to not bother him with the constant questioning yet again. "Well I should think so if it's giving you this much grief... Should we get Fry to go instead?"

"No i'll be fine," he smiled reassuringly, offering a hand to help her stand. She took it, quickly noting that he had used the one that wasn't in pain, and stood with only the slightest of head rushes - a nice difference compared to the norm.

 "Have a nice chat," he whispered as they both hugged each other goodbye, figuring a kiss would be uncomfortable given how many people were in the room with them.

She laughed as they pulled out of the hug, Eden rather begrudgingly since she simply knew something was wrong. . "Be careful."

Newt nodded as Thomas called out to him from beneath the surface of the floor they were standing  on. He hurried away from her and slipped down into the hole in the floor. He hesitated for a brief moment, catching Eden's eye and as she waved him goodbye, he disappeared.

Frypan covered the hole in the floor back up and the waiting game began. Eden however looked up for the briefest of moments and was instantly met with the gaze of the man from the shadows.

It was going to be a long night for certain.