{1.09}

EDEN HADN'T SLEPT A WINK ALL NIGHT. She had been holding up a thick branch of Ivy for the entire night and around four hours into it, her arms had completely locked into place. Her knees, which were practically pushed up into her chest, ached yet they had seized up hours ago. Her body was at its complete limit yet she managed to hang on, for what reason she did not know. But with every further passing second, she could feel the vines slipping ever so slightly. 

"Eden!" a distant voice yelled, catching her attention away from the insane boredom and fear she felt inside. She paused, not knowing whether she was hearing something or not. "Eden!" the voice yelled again, this time it was distinctive enough for her to be able to tell who it was. A sweeping relief caused tears (which shouldn't have fallen due to her extreme dehydration) to cascade down her face so intensely that she could not see a single thing. Yet her arms did not slacken in the slightest.

"Thomas?" she yelled back, keeping in her place just in case. She was unsure whether the Grievers could actually get her in the little hideaway hole due to how small it was compared to the size of their talons.

"Eden!" this time Minho's voice yelled and she stuck her extremely aching leg out of the hiding space so they could see where she was.

"Down here!" she yelled again, her voice shaking. She just simply hoped that they were close enough to see her leg or hear her instruction. Seconds later, the vines were tugged upon and the ones in front of her face were swiped out of the way. She sighed a sigh of relief, mixed with laughter as both Thomas and Minho came into view. Thomas took the vines holding Alby up from her hand and she finally let go, relief flooding through her arms.  Minho took to helping her out of the hideaway, slowly so as to not harm her aching body too much. Once she was out and her eyes adjusted to the suddenly intense light, she hugged Minho tightly with pure relief tears slipping down her cheeks. He had to fully hold her up due to the wobbliness of her legs and arms.

"How the clunk did you two survive?" she asked with a half-laugh as Minho set her down on the floor, giving her the space to stretch out her limbs.

"Thomas killed a Griever," Minho replied as they both looked to Thomas, who was slowly lowering Alby down from the very top of the maze.

"Holy," she trailed off, mind simply running out of energy due to the pure shock of him killing one of the things that had hunted them for three years. It was unheard of in all respects.

"Little help?" Thomas asked, breaking her thought process entirely. Minho quickly got to work helping and Eden wanted to but her legs were too much like jelly to be able to even stand. She remained on the floor, stretching out her limbs as she lay across the ground as if she was a starfish. She watched with her head turned as the two of them untied a still unconscious Alby from the ivy and sat him up against the maze wall.

"You good?" Minho asked with a lighthearted chuckle, taking in her position on the floor.

Eden slowly sat up as she nodded, wincing at some of the movement. "I just want to get out of here," she sighed in reply, laughing softly too. It was a weird sensation, to laugh after such an awful night of being scared for her life and all. But she welcomed it, feeling somewhat better with the laugh that soothed something within her system.

"You and me both," Thomas replied while Minho helped her up from the floor. Her legs were much more steady than before, more stable. So she walked slowly behind them as the two of them carried Alby, her arms were far too shaky to help in the act at all.

They walked for what seemed like hours, the gates would not have even been open quite yet as she could tell by how the sun could not even be seen yet. She distinctly heard the gates open, the creaking of the mechanics and the scraping of the large doors opening. She found some sort of energy within herself then, something that combatted the shakiness of her legs and made it so she no longer struggled to walk so much.