{2.04}

NEWT LAY IN HIS OWN BED, staring at the ceiling. He had fought Minho for the top bunk for this very reason - that and the fact he assumed the snoring would be easier to handle, it was not. He simply stared at the patterns on the roof, the changes in colour within the metal-like surface as his mind turned over about Eden constantly. He had delved into so many different sites of worry and outcomes of her injuries that he could not see the truth any longer. He had created a world within his mind that was so inescapable that he didn't know whether actually hearing about her well-being would take him out of it.

Frypan opened the door a little too harshly, the handle collided with the wall and made such a loud noise that it shocked Newt out of his depressive state. He turned his head, looking toward the door and smiled politely at Fry. He returned the smile and then walked into the bathroom, closing the door up tight. Within seconds, Newt was distracted again. This time it was a large commotion and the distant shocked and frightened yells of Fry that he recognised from certain bug-related situations. Fry walked out of the bathroom, rubbing his neck as he looked down to the floor. "Newt, there's something in the bathroom you need to see to," he cleared his throat, looking around the room for other people.

"Fry it's just us in here, you can admit to being scared of a spider," Newt chuckled dryly as if humour was vacant for him as he swung his legs around and got down from the bed.

"I'm not scared!" Fry yelled a little too high and a little too loud to make his statement sound even slightly true. "I just thought you liked getting rid of them... gardener things..." he grumbled as Newt walked past him, plastic cup in hand.

Newt chuckled again, this time followed by a yawn as he opened the door to the bathroom. He stepped inside, searching the floor for the spider that Fry had been so afraid of. He was just about to yell out to him and ask about the location of the spider when he stopped. His eyes dragged up from the floor slowly and settled on a face that made him drop the cup in his hand to the floor. It clattered beside him, sound enveloping the room yet neither of them moved.

"Hi," Eden whispered softly, a foreign feeling smile tugging at her lips. She hadn't felt such a surge of pure joy in a long time. Newt, at the sound of her voice, came to life. He ran across the room and picked her up into a hug, her arms flinging around his neck as every so satisfying laughter escaped their lips while he spun the two of them around. "Careful!" she exclaimed amongst the laughter, head going slightly woozy due to the spinning.

He immediately yet gently set her back down on the floor, hand flying to her face while the other remained wrapped around her waist. "I'm sorry, are you okay?" he whispered due to their closeness, looking deep into her eyes as he poured with concern for her. 

"I'm okay," she whispered back, smiling reassuringly. He hugged her close again, arms tight around her waist as hers went around his shoulders. His head nestled in the crook of her neck whilst hers rested on his shoulder, fingers playing with his hair comfortingly. She hated the pained look in his eyes, how exhausted and pale he looked and felt awful that she had caused it.

"I thought you were still unconscious..." he whispered close to her ear, sending shivers down her spine that caused goosebumps to form on her arms. Good shivers.

"I haven't been for a while, they finally let me out today," she murmured and for a second, Newt's attention was drawn away from her aura. A split second where he could only realise that he had been lied to for so long and how suspicious that was. He inhaled deeply in realisation yet found himself focusing on other things as his senses became overwhelmed by a comforting smell that reminded him of home and only heightened the feelings stirring in his stomach.

"No lasting injuries?" he asked while pulling out of the hug, despite the fact he did not want to. It had to end at some point though. She shook her head, moving hair onto her face which he soon brushed away with the tips of his fingers. Being away from him for so long had her realize certain things... feelings that had crept up on her and blossomed behind the scenes of all her stress. He smiled brightly, face screwing up in a way that send loops through her stomach, "I'm so glad you're okay."