Chapter 123: A World Far Away

Their apartment was actually pretty empty, with no valuable possessions, as most of what they had were only waste materials Bai Yang collected. So by the time San-shen came around, most of them had already been sold off, and it was completely bare except for the suitcases and travel bags all put together in a corner.

Wen Chuo was calculating the final rent along with the water and electricity bill while Bai Yang continued to be busy packing the last few miscellaneous items. For whatever reason, San-shen suddenly sighed,

"Is it not better to say here? Why are you running so far away from your town, where no one can take care of you?"

To be honest, she was more worried about Bai Yang as what will happen when they arrive at an unknown city. What if Wen Chuo suddenly got tired and didn't want to care anymore? How would Bai Yang live as someone who was mentally challenged and couldn't fend for himself?

Wen Chuo had only mentioned to their neighbours that he would be venturing out to earn money with Bai Yang and nothing else, so he only smiled and said,

"Sooner or later, men will have to venture out to see the world. I've contacted an old relative and they've said that they could help arrange some jobs for us. We'll try it out first, and if nothing comes of it, we'll be back."

San-shen didn't say anything more, only reducing the water and electricity bill before leaving with the key.

The elders in the family had pretty much set everything for Liu Meng Meng's marriage. Apparently it was to that Qian Zhi Guo from last time, but as Wen Chuo already bought his bus tickets, it was unlikely for them to make it to their wedding.

"Don't leave so quickly! I'll pay for dinner as a farewell gift."

Liu Meng Meng felt a bit sad about their parting. Combined with her anxious feelings about being a newly wedded wife, her heart felt like it was tangled up like a bunch of wires.

Wen Chuo shook his head and said,

"I've already bought the bus tickets, can't change the time."

After Bai Yang resigned, the restaurant hired a new helper, but he was not as hard working and as detailed of a worker as Bai Yang. Just the first day at work and he already broke two serving plates. When there was nothing to do, he'd also hide by the tables to take a nap; all of which has made Liu Meng Meng's face in a perpetual frown.

Looking through the glass door, Liu Meng Meng could faintly see Qian Zhi Guo's shadow, and she sighed quietly,

"Alright, remember to come back often to see us."

"We will, but we probably won't make it for your wedding."

Wen Chuo put a red pocket on the counter and as they were parting ways, he had a rare, true smile on his face,

"A little wish from the both of us. Don't reject it. After all, we have to thank you for looking out for us for so many years. Take it as a gift."

Feng-shu had always been generous to the both of them. He had the heart to care for Bai Yang, as otherwise why would he hire someone that was "dumb" and "mentally challenged" to the public's eyes? When Wen Chuo had no money to eat, he had also allowed him to put up a tab, and he has never actually even asked for any of it back.

There weren't many options for transportation out of Lin Xian, so Wen Chuo called a ride to drive them to the nearest bus station. Their luggage had been packed and they were ready to head out at any time, waiting right in front of the restaurant.

Liu Meng Meng had originally thought there wouldn't be much money, but when she was curious and took a peek in the red pocket, she found at least seven to eight hundred inside. In this kind of place, this amount was a very hefty gift, and she quickly went outside to chase after them.