Volume 3 - Chapter 62: Only Antis for Him on the Internet

Recently, it has been very trendy to do "reality" shows, depicting celebrities and their "real" personalities on their daily routines. And so Starlight Entertainment capitalized on that trend, using every effort and resource they had to create a new variety show called << I Came From Far Away >>, where celebrities experience what it is like to live and work in a small village.

There were a few big name celebrities participating and ever since the show started broadcasting, the ratings have only been rising. Especially recently when a certain guest had joined, making it shoot up onto the "trending" and "HOT" charts.

This certain guest was called Chen Yi. Although he was a B list actor, he had never lacked fame, or perhaps, it would be more accurate to say, he was known for his notoriety. Since he first debuted, numerous gossip magazines and tabloids have all been writing him up for how conceited he was, having no respect for staff and seniors. Before he was even known in the eyes of the public, his reputation had already gone down the drain, with more anti-fans than anyone else in the entertainment industry.

For the show to chart well on the ratings, the production director, PD, went crazy, using every lead and connection he had in order to make Chen Yi appear on the show. And the result was that Chen Yi did not disappoint.

Just after broadcasting for three days, his mouth and actions caused more controversy than could be kept up with. He wouldn't move nor would he help, causing all the other guests on the show to run around in circles, trying to complete and cover his share of the work. The audience also worked their hardest, for the chance to ridicule and belittle him, sending the show straight to the top in the ratings for its time slot.

But there had been a bit of a break these few days, what with the certain guest being sick. With the temperature suddenly dropping, and the fact that the filming location was quite remote, Chen Yi had been hit with a burning fever for an entire night. Because of that, he was sent to the hospital and needed to step down from the program temporarily, which finally caused a break in the toxic comments online.

Gloominess and rain covered the sky outside the window, and it didn't paint a pretty picture of the outside. Due to a lack of upkeep, the hospital grounds were very unkempt and messy. With this kind of environment, and the subsequent shadows caused by it, the roomy hospital room was painted in a layer of darkness.

Chen Yi chomped on his lollipop as he was being administered with an IV. Strongly biting onto the stick with his eyes slightly lowered, he emitted a very unpleasant and hostile aura.

His chubby and short manager, Zhou Ming, was standing beside his bed, and he looked quite like an honest man. But in reality, his mind was sharp and shrewd. Zhou Ming flipped through his agenda as he said,

"I've already asked the doctors and they said that you should be able to check out of the hospital by today. After your IV drip is finished, we will have to catch a ride quickly to make it for the recording. You better not cause any more trouble for me this time."

Seeing that Chen Yi was still not paying attention, displaying a very careless attitude, he hooked up his mouth and switched to a different topic,

"Although this program is a bit hard on you, I had already told you the day you were admitted into the hospital. I am not saying that you cannot drop out of the program... that investor Chen-Jie1 does quite like you. If you are willing, I can still arrange a meeting for you two......"

[ Ding! No no! Reject all instances to become a kept man, starting from me! ]

"Shut the fuck up."

Chen Yi suppressed that annoying system and then raised his eyes. His hawk-like eyes narrowed at Zhou Ming, making the latter step back from the intensity. Only after Zhou Ming was at a more acceptable distance away from him did he retract his eyes and say impatiently and frostily,