Chapter 111: Take It Back

The early morning of Lin Xian was quiet. Before light even appeared on the horizon, the breakfast stalls beneath the buildings has already started to emit faint wisps of smoke. The old man who sells marinated eggs was leisurely riding his bicycle along the street, with a little bell attached to his bike ringing out a crisp sound that transmitted very far away.

Bai Yang had already woken up very early on. The first thing he would do is grab a bag and go downstairs to pick up plastic bottles. Then at 8 am, he'll head to a restaurant to wipe the tables and wash the dishes. He'll have about two hours of rest afterwards to pick up more bottles and then after that, at night, he'll help the convenience store owner and stock up the shelves. For him, an entire day has already been planned, filled to the brim with things to do.

On the other hand, Wen Chuo would sleep until the sun was high up in the sky everyday. But yesterday, his emotional state didn't seem to be quite well. Said he wanted to borrow money, but he didn't take the money. Without eating anything, he just went home with a defeated and mulish expression, and hasn't left the house since.

Bai Yang walked past Wen Chuo's door before pausing momentarily and then walked downstairs. When he came back up, there was a cup of soy milk and two marinated eggs in his hands. He placed them in front of Wen Chuo's door and knocked twice.

Wen Chuo had woken up a lot earlier than he would have before, or perhaps it could just be said that he didn't sleep last night. Hearing the knocks, he immediately went to open the door. His red hair looked like a chicken's nest, and randomly ruffling it only made him look less like a human, more like a dog. There was a feeling coming off from him, of him wasting his good looks, like he was a deteriorating, useless handsome human.

"This idiot!"

Wen Chuo crouched on the floor to pick up the food, and waved Bai Yang over. He impatiently said,

"I'm not going to eat it. Take it back and eat it yourself."

Bai Yang slightly squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows to look at him. He stood about three steps away from him and didn't move. His white t-shirt had been washed so much that it was pilling and it was very loose on him, revealing a skinny collarbone, and bringing on that bit of youthfulness from a young man.

Wen Chuo stood back up and stuffed the food into Bai Yang's hands. He tried his best to slow down his words,

"Eat it yourself. I'm not hungry."

And then without caring whether Bai Yang heard and understood it all, he closed the door to go back to sleep.

Yesterday, Wen Chuo had gone crazy in his own home for the entire night. Hitting against the wall, slamming his head, rolling around, yelling, fighting himself. Everything that he could try, he tried, but there was no way to get whatever that thing was out of himself, and he was already dead tired and about to give up.

There were still about two more years until the time when the Wen Family would come here to pick him up. He couldn't do anything except to eat, but he also couldn't just sit here and gobble up air. So in other words, the system's appearance has delivered a fatal attack to Wen Chuo.

Everyone and their neighbors here knew that Bai Yang was a mentally challenged boy and they had the heart to look out for him. Normally they would ask him for all their smaller tasks like restocking and cleaning up the tables, and then paid him with a small amount of salary. With this, he could at most have four part time jobs in one day, without a single break in sight.

Once it was time for his lunch break, Bai Yang didn't even eat and grabbed his bag to start picking up plastic bottles by the road. When he bent his waist, something suddenly hit his shoulder. He looked up and it was Da Hong from the opposite street.