Chapter 25: Luring the Snake Out of Its Hole (Part 2)

It has been half a month since the car accident. Zhang-Shu, the driver, had obtained the most serious injuries, and he was still lying in the ICU, waiting for the most dangerous period to pass. His family situation was like that of the average commoner, and his son had a gambling problem, owing quite a lot of money to loan sharks, which meant that their family had no extra money to pay for him to stay at the hospital.

After Zhang-Shu got in the accident, his son and daughter-in-law ran away and hid as far as they could. It was only due to Huo Ming Cheng covering his hospital fees that he was able to receive care.

After Huo Yuan Guang discovered that fact, he first hinted quietly and then urged outright for Huo Ming Cheng to stop doing that.

"It's just a driver. It's enough to give some money. If he stays unconscious for the rest of his life, you are going to have to take care for him until the very end. The Huo family business has too many employees for that. If you care for one but not another, there are going to be some disgruntled voices."

As of now, whenever Huo Ming Cheng sees his uncle, he could only feel a teeth shattering cold take over his body. Zhang-Shu is an important witness to Huo Yuan Guang's assassination plan, so no matter what, Huo Ming Cheng will not let him die. His mouth slowly showed a faint smile as he said,

"Uncle, like you said, it is about human lives after all. Zhang-Shu has been with me for so long, and he is quite old. If I don't care for him, who should I care for?"

Huo Yuan Guang sighed and then lowered his eyes, unwilling to speak anymore. His eyes looked murky, making what he was thinking inside indiscernible to others. After Huo Ming Cheng left, Chen Lian Dong quietly walked in and respectfully said,

"Vice Chairman."

Huo Yuan Guang suddenly opened his eyes wide, and a brillance flashed in them,

"How it is, are they still willing to sell?"

Chen Lian Dong hesitated before shaking his head,

"They are not happy about the price. They want it to be higher."

"Hmph!"

Huo Yuan Guang suddenly stood up and, using his cane, stomped with one foot. Like an enraged lion, he started prowling back and forth in front of Chen Lian Dong,

"What kind of thing are they? They don't fear that they'll be bloated to death?"

Chen Lian Dong had a bitter face as he said,

"Then are we still buying?"

Huo Yuan Guang sharpened his glare on him, viciousness unhidden,

"Buy, why wouldn't we buy? If we don't buy, how are we to fight?"

His hand grabbed a pack of cigarettes from his pockets, lit one up and heavily inhaled a breath. Much like an addict, his face became hazy and delirious as he smoked, and threw the cane in his hands away,

"Whatever the price they want, give it to them. If it's not enough, take it from the company funds. It doesn't matter anyway. Huang Yi's construction project has been handed over to me by that stupid idiot Huo Ming Cheng. Today, no matter how much they've swallowed, I will make them retch it all back up with even more to pay me back!"

And then pointed out,

"Go see how that driver is doing. He's already so old, lying in the hospital is such a difficult and painful thing for him, why not just go die cleanly."

On the surface the Huo family business seemed calm and functional; however, underneath that façade was actually a murky and convoluted pool. Thinking that his father was too old for this, Huo Ming Cheng did not want to involve him in this fight. He even lied and coaxed the other to travel and take a vacation outside the country. He also made sure that Huo Ming Chen was back home.