Chapter 95: Drawer

The moment those words came out, Xun Chuan's attitude visibly changed. He seemed to be getting angry as both of his eyes were turning red.

At this moment the diagram on the table suddenly burst into flames, burning higher and higher by the second. Yan Yu moved his hand over to press it down, extinguishing the flames.

Seeing Xun Chuan glower at him, he didn't say anything else and pretended that the other acknowledged his words. He took a look at the time and seeing that it was already past midnight, he pushed the chair back to get up, and went through his normal night time routine.

In the dark, a corner of his bed sheet was quietly lifted up and following that, an ice cold body slid in, wrapping itself around Yan Yu's body like a coiling snake. Xun Chuan stared at Yan Yu, petulant, but he didn't get any response back. In revenge, he bit viciously down onto Yan Yu's left shoulder through his clothes.

Opening his eyes for a brief moment before closing them again, Yan Yu said uncaringly,

"If you draw blood, your face is going to be ruined."

Xun Chuan paused in his movements.

Yan Yu said again,

"Perhaps it'll be as ugly as that female ghost."

Xun Chuan narrowed his eyes and then with dark and moody eyes, he let go of Yan Yu's shoulder.

All malicious ghosts were hideous and terrifying, but some of them could use a bit of their resentment to create the mirage of a beauty; however, Yan Yu's blood could break through the image. If his blood were to splatter on their mirage, it would not only reveal their true image, but also rot through their original spirit body.

Silence descended into the room once again. The back of Xun Chuan was facing Yan Yu and, after a long time, he slowly moved his hand in front of his eyes to wave away the air of resentment surrounding his face. Under the rays of the cold and lonely moonlight, stark white bone was revealed, shining in its ice cold color.

He had already been dead for so many days......

His body had been slowly rotting, and then it was turned into ash in a roaring fire, before being buried underground. His face was no different than that of the female ghost's, as ugly and as horrifying as it could ever be.

Xun Chuan's face was numb as he slowly moved his hands to touch his face. Yet just as he was about to make contact, his wrists were held back.

Yan Yu's body was engulfed in darkness, his expression unclear. But he pulled Xun Chuan's hands back, practically forcing them back under the sheets. Xun Chuan tried to struggle, but a strong hand suddenly went around his waist, pulling his whole body backwards and dropping him into an embrace that faintly smelled of cigarette smoke.

Xun Chuan didn't move, and the surroundings were so quiet it was deafening.

He closed his eyes. In the darkness, he could faintly feel that heart beating behind him: a heart that was alive and bleeding, beating in Yan Yu's chest.

Xun Chuan turned around in the dark, rustling faintly. He tightly wrapped his arms around Yan Yu's waist and then slightly raised his head up, dropping an ice cold kiss on his lips.

Su Yu's case had been solved, and in the bright early morning, the landlady brought an older aged woman wearing very muted colored clothes to Su Yu's apartment to gather up her belongings. It was said that she was the mom of Su Yu who lived in the countryside.

"What bad luck! Your daughter died right here, blocking my entire business. Who even dares to live in this building anymore? Always arguing with the neighbours, offending people left and right, over here and over there, not only ruining herself, but also ruining me! This is really the culmination of bad luck from my past lives!"