Chapter 112: Please Don't Slander the System

Feng-shu's niece had average cooking skills, so it was no wonder that the business wasn't doing so well. If Wen Chuo had known, he would have gone to the restaurant across the street. Wen Chuo's mood was turning sour, and it affected his appetite. After a few bites, he couldn't stuff any more of it down his throat. Bai Yang wasn't a picky eater, and he cleaned up all the rice in his bowl very well. The only thing was, he wouldn't grab any food from the dishes on the table.

"Puh, eat some of the dishes. How could you be full just from eating rice? No wonder why you're as skinny as a stick."

Wen Chuo furrowed his eyebrows and picked up his chopsticks to put some food into Bai Yang's bowl until it was half full. Then he filled it up with rice again until the little bowl was stacked like a mountain. Bai Yang paused before continuing to eat, silently and seriously.

Although Wen Chuo didn't take any more bites, he was too lazy to leave. Purely here for the air conditioning, he leaned against the wall and began to play a game on his phone. Feng-shu gave him a look, knowing full well what Wen Chuo was up to, but he purposefully asked anyway,

"Hoh, are you that bored with lots of money? Haven't touched a single dish."

Wen Chuo's eyes were glued to his phone as he sat with his back against the wall and one leg on Bai Yang's knees. He lazily replied,

"No thanks. So terrible to eat, I can't stomach any of it at all."

The restaurant was very small which meant the distance between here and the kitchen was only about a few steps away. The moment Wen Chuo's words were spoken, a thick browed, large-eyed female wearing a chef's hat appeared loudly from behind the plastic curtain doorway,

"Who said my food was terrible? Who said so?!"

Wen Chuo lazily raised his hand up, very openly claiming that he was the one,

"Me."

That girl also had her wok raised up very high when she stepped out, but the moment she saw that the person who spoke was Wen Chuo, she suddenly brought her hands down, looking very embarrassed. Then with overly elegant and light hands, she put the wok back onto the stove and then took off her chef's hat. Letting down her two little black braids, she stood in front of where Wen Chuo was sitting,

"It's you little hooligan again. This is the first time I've cooked, okay. I've already worked so hard just for this one table, can't you compliment me?"

Liu Meng Meng had a crush on Wen Chuo and everyone with eyes could see that. But it wasn't such a strange nor curious thing, as there were waves of girls on this street alone who had a crush on him; she wasn't the only one.

Although Wen Chuo had always been yelled at for being a young thug, it cannot be helped that girls loved these kinds of bad boys. Even looking at him for more than a few seconds would make them blush red. But, like was like; no one really wanted to marry him. Not to speak of whether their family would agree or not, just looking at him and his jobless, aimless life, it would mean to be poor for the rest of your life if they married him.

Lin Xian was very small, and those who lived here are very realistic. The days gone by, sowed with hard and gruelling work just for food and shelter, within a few years, it could turn a wealthy man's wife into a crazed, swearing shrew, and it could teach a well raised wealthy descendent into a thuggish hooligan.

Just like the late Liu Ruo Qing, and just like the Wen Chuo of today.

"Hey, look at you. I'm eating because I spent the money, so it's not even eating without paying. Just because it's the first time you made food shouldn't be the reason for me to be punished. But since I'm so generous, I won't start a fight with a beautiful lady."