Chapter 94: Life and Death

Unlike how Yan Yu had a handsomeness that was closer to the devil's, Xun Chuan was like that of an arrogant beauty: haughty, wild and untamed. Even if he was a ghost now, there was still a bit of that spirited look alive in him.

A button was undone at his collar, showing off a long neck and following down, a lean body paired with a skinny waist. His pale white skin was covered in an air of death, but there was also an unspeakable and unexplainable seductive beauty to him. Almost as if he was a ghost so seductive one would not be able to stop themselves from walking towards him, towards their own death.

Xun Chuan's fingers interlaced into Yan Yu's hair at the back of his head, bringing along a cold touch straight to the back of his brain and sending shivers all the way down his spine. Slowly coming closer and closer, Xun Chuan brought with him a faint scent of blood. And yet at this time, Yan Yu suddenly turned his head, and that ice cold kiss was dropped onto his cheek instead.

Xun Chuan coldly lifted up his eyes, his grip tightened up frighteningly, but he was caught off his guard when Yan Yu suddenly whipped up a spell with his fingers in defense. Being forced to back away, the shape of his body momentarily collapsed into a cloud of blackness, reforming back only a few steps away.

Yan Yu could admit to himself that he was not as brave and as loving as Ning Caichen1. He waved away the golden light from his fingertips and raised his eyes to meet Xun Chuan's questioning ones. Smiling back in response, he then stood up to go find out what was happening upstairs.

He would have never expected that once he opened the door, he would be preceded by Qian Da-shen2, who had hastily thrown on a jacket and was huffing all the way up the stairs, stomping as she yelled,

"You *** slutty whore, you think this is it? Just can't let people go to sleep huh. I'm going to rip your legs off of you!"

There were a few families living on the third floor, and they evidently heard those noises as well. Everyone moved to open their doors and gathered together to gossip, with mocking laughter ringing out nonstop. Qian Da-shen was a notorious and obnoxious woman who would hound you down for the smallest of infractions against her. Xiao-Su, that kind of woman with that small body would never be able to win against her, so there would definitely be a show to watch.

Yan Yu was one of those who would enjoy watching this drama, so he left a tiny sliver of a gap by the door and leaned up against the wall to silently listen for the racket upstairs. At that moment, an ice cold body slowly snuck up against his back and rested his chin on his shoulder.

Before he died, Xun Chuan loved doing this the most.

Yan Yu had his full concentration on the scene upstairs, so when he felt the weight on his shoulders, it was almost instinctive in the way he squeezed Xun Chuan's cheeks. The latter slightly narrowed his eyes, but snuggled up against his neck.

The touch was ice cold, so very unlike a human being, snapping Yan Yu back to his senses. His breathing froze for a brief moment, and then he slowly retracted his hand, silently dropping it beside his body.

The sharp shrieks from Qian Da-sheng rang throughout the halls, but the movements inside Xiao-Su's room did not sound to be stopping anytime soon. When Qian Da-sheng didn't hear anything back, it sounded like she became mad enough to just kick the door open with a bang. She was a woman quite used to doing hard labour, and adding in the fact that this building was quite old, this kick easily popped open the door.

The door slammed against the wall, sounding out a loud boom.

The eyes of everyone who was listening in on the scene lit up and visual scenes popped up in their minds, as they simply must be fighting upstairs. They all clustered around the stairway and angled up their necks to try and catch a glimpse of something.