Chapter 122: Obsession.

Comenzar desde el principio

Elder Xue felt the whole world wasn't real anymore and didn't feel flattered. Both his legs were shaking, deliberating if the Demon Lord had developed a new poison and wanted to try it on him first.

But he had to turn back and go over.

The Demon Lord's hand knocked on the side of the stove, and a dish of cakes was indeed there.

A few light green pastries were placed on a white plate, sprinkled with many apricot blossoms. They looked...good.

The Demon Lord made this...apricot blossom mung bean cake?

Cautiously, Elder Xue moved, took a piece, placed it into his mouth, and bit.

His face transformed from white to green.

Too sweet.

It was so sweet as if he poured two catties of sugar in it, and the apricot blossoms' aroma was downright overwhelming. Bitterness appeared to follow the sweetness, aching his teeth.

However, Elder Xue could only swallow the apricot blossom cake wordlessly in the Demon Lord's presence.

The Demon Lord was engrossed, "How is it?"

Elder Xue's expression was marginally distorted, "It, it's okay... No, it's delicious, it's so delicious. The Lord's craftsmanship is truly the best in the world!"

The Demon Lord said casually: "Tell the truth."

Elder Xue swallowed hard and hesitated a little. He couldn't deduce the Demon Lord's thoughts.

Speaking of which, was such a sugary pastry truly something humans could make? Was something awry with the Demon Lord's sense of taste?

Facing the Demon Lord's blood-red, icy eyes, Elder Xue trembled and said: "It's a bit...a bit too sweet."

After hearing this, the Demon Lord wasn't irate. He nodded and asked him: "How is the color?"

Elder Xue began to be skeptical. The pastry's color? Couldn't the Demon Lord see by himself?

Could it be that his pair of bloody eyes were just for display?

Of course, he didn't dare to verbalize this thought of his. He didn't even dare seek to infer the Demon Lord's intentions because of his previous lesson. He shivered and said frankly: "The color is emerald green, very beautiful."

The Demon Lord said "en," but his face wasn't content.

Elder Xue thought the Demon Lord would dismiss him now, but then he heard the Demon Lord's faint voice, "You don't need to sweep the Demon Palace's land for the time being. Just stay here and taste the Lord's craftsmanship. Consider this as your reward for your hard work all day."

Elder Xue: "..."

Therefore, he had to stay in the dining room and eat cakes for a day.

In the end, his mouth was numb.

The flavor of the pastries the Demon Lord created was indescribable. It was either too intense or tasteless.

He witnessed the Demon Lord progressively increase and decrease from two tablespoons of sugar, asking him to taste it every time he made the finished product. He also had to heedfully divulge his feelings.

As if he was teasing him.

However, Elder Xue didn't dare to say much.

Until the Demon Lord finally brought out a plate of delicious apricot blossom cakes. Elder Xue's stomach was already round, and he couldn't hold it anymore. He couldn't help but look at the plate of pastries in horror.