Chapter 99: Sugar Drawing.

In the early morning, faint light entered from the window's exterior and birds sang.

A large carved sandalwood bed was in the bedroom, occupying half the space. The square bed was tall and wide. Primitive patterns engraved the head and foot of the bed, and the entrance and exit sides were made into arch shapes. It was very pleasant and warm.

Someone was sleeping peacefully in it.

The azure moire brocade covered the person in the bed, and some fell off the edge of the bed.

Ye Yunlan leaned on his side. Long black hair scattered beside the pillow, only displaying the small half of his pale face. His breath was very light.

Next to him, Shen Shu was already awake. He was leaning on his side, fingertips drawing a strand of black hair from his master and slowly curling it.

He seemed to think this to be a very interesting thing. A strand of hair curled up and up, and he enjoyed it very much.

When a cultivator reached his level, they didn't actually need to sleep anymore.

He just wanted to be by Ye Yunlan's side.

Get closer, get more familiar.

He already discovered his master was like a cat. His fur was white and beautiful, but he didn't like to approach people. He could only slowly have his aura become familiar with it, and follow its temperament. Only then would it occasionally allow him to be held in his arms and touch his fur.

This touch shouldn't be excessive. Otherwise, it would blow up and get angry. Once it was angry, it wouldn't speak. It would take a long time to coax it back.

Shen Shu lazily curled up Ye Yunlan's hair while thinking about what morning meal he would prepare for Master today.

It shouldn't be greasy in the morning, nor should it be too cold.

He just ground some lotus root flour, so let's make a bowl of sweet-scented osmanthus almond lotus root noodles.

After thinking about it, he started to wait.

Waiting for the person beside him to wake up.

Ye Yunlan's sleep was very shallow. He would awake when the wind blew, and he usually had nightmares. When he had nightmares, he slept very deeply. Young Shen Shu had discovered these things. At that time, he couldn't do anything for Ye Yunlan, but now it was different.

So when he noticed that Ye Yunlan's body began to tremble slightly again, he stretched out his long arms and fished his master into his arms.

Ye Yunlan frowned tightly, and his eyelashes kept trembling. His forehead was full of cold sweat.

Shen Shu hugged him and stroked his back again and again.

This action seemed to work.

The tremoring of the person in his arms gradually calmed down, and his breathing slowly became stable.

Shen Shu didn't know what could make Ye Yunlan be in so much pain but still so silent as his dream plagued him over the years. He just hugged Ye Yunlan and didn't let go.

There was no way to curl his hair comfortably in this position, so he lowered his head and counted Ye Yunlan's eyelashes.

He counted leisurely, one by one.

He counted until the person's eyelashes unhurriedly shuddered and opened. The slightly confused black eyes reflected his face, and Shen Shu opened his mouth to speak.

"Good morning, Master."

A bowl of sweet-scented osmanthus almond lotus root noodles was placed before him.