Chapter 13: Master (Part 2)

The change happened so quickly, Yuan Yongzhi's dream seemed to have been pierced by this sword light. He returned to reality, feeling an unbearable emptiness.

His swelling spiritual power rushed wildly in his meridians, the light and fluttery feeling had now disappeared. Instead, it was replaced by the pain of the rupturing of his meridians.

His spiritual power going the wrong way, he had become corrupt.

Yuan Yongzhi opened his eyes wide in horror. He couldn't control the blood pouring from his mouth.

He couldn't figure out why he suddenly became corrupt.

What's even more unclear is why Shen Shu fell down. The secret technique was activated and the filthy energy accumulated in the medicine house for many years has been absorbed by Shen Shu. No matter how strong Shen Shu was, he was still only at the Nascent Soul stage. Unless he could get rid of the filthy energy on Shen Shu, no one could hurt him.

Ye Yunlan didn't care about Yuan Yongzhi. He hurried forward to check Shen Shu's condition.

With that move just now, he sent Shen Shu's sword flying, but didn't hurt Shen Shu.

Shen Shu fell by himself.

In the dim light, he saw a large swath of blood under Shen Shu.

When he hugged Shen Shu, he only saw blood stains on the other party's clothes. Now that he looked carefully, he found that there was a wound on Shen Shu's abdomen that was pierced by a long sword. Viscous blood was pouring out from the wound.

Was he hurt by that disciple earlier?

Ye Yunlan frowned. He didn't think about whether Shen Shu would attack again and just helped him up.

Such wounds needed to be bandaged immediately, otherwise Shen Shu who has lost too much blood would have his life at risk.

He untied Shen Shu's clothes and tore a piece of his clothing to bandage the wound on his abdomen.

The boy was pale and thin, with many welts and old wounds on his body. Ye Yunlan looked at it, and his brows became tighter and tighter.

He had Shen Shu lean on his shoulders, then putting his hands behind him and using the clothes that had wrapped the wound, he wounded a knot. Turning his face to the side, he saw Shen Shu's long hair falling down to his cheeks. The back of his pale and slender neck revealed a weird mark.

Ye Yunlan saw the mark clearly. His eyes were cold.

At the same time, there was a sound of a heavy object falling on the side.

It was Yuan Yongzhi who fell to the ground.

A faint green bead rolled out of his hand, rolling to Ye Yunlan's feet.

Ye Yunlan picked up the bead.

When it came in contact with his hand, it was cold. Ye Yunlan recognized it was a soul refining bead before he even used his spiritual power to penetrate into it.

Also seeing the puppet seal earlier, Shen Shu's identity was already self-evident.

Shen Shu was a demonic puppet formed by refining a living person.

Refining demonic puppets was a sinister technique within the Demon Sect. The puppets were molded through treasures of heaven and earth, then engraved with forbidden techniques. They were weapons created to help their master fight.

However, demon puppets refined in this way have no intelligence and can only be regarded as artifacts. Their strength would be limited by the level of the heavenly materials and treasures used, so they were generally not too high and the things that could be done were limited.