Chapter 34: Ripple.

The night was quiet.

A little bit of fluorescent light flew around the lake.

On the shore, the young man in black clothes was holding a long sword, wielding a sharp sword aura.

The starlight reflected the cold light on the sword body. The youth's face was hidden in the dark night. The only exception was a pair of eyes that were as bright as the cold star that did not appear dim in the crossing of the bright light of the sword.

Ye Yunlan watched his disciple's sword, "In the past three years, I have taught you the Yingtian sword technique, including thunder, flash, and shower. You have achieved great success."

He paused. After thinking for a while, he said, "There is one last form, Ripple. Show it to me."

Shen Shu raised his hand to wipe the sweat from his forehead, "Yes, Master."

He took a deep breath. He tried his best to calm the hostility in his heart, and all his thoughts. He raised the long sword in his hand, then imagined that there was a flat lake in front. The long sword swept across the lake like a breeze.

But as soon as the sword moved, he had a feeling in his heart.

Not proper.

Ye Yunlan's voice also sounded at the same time. "Shen Shu."

Shen Shu stopped. He lowered his head and shouted in a low voice: "Master."

A bit of disappointment rose in his heart.

He was extremely talented in sword dao. The three styles of "Thunder", "Flash" and "Shower" were mastered by him very quickly. Only the style "Ripple" had him training for half a year, but still, he hasn't heard his Master give him a satisfied applause.

He actually knew why.

There were too many longings and delusions in his heart. He couldn't achieve the state of mind that the style "Ripple" needed.

Thinking of having disappointed his Master again, Shen Shu silently clenched the sword in his hand.

He didn't expect that Ye Yunlan would only say, "You don't need to be discouraged. There are only three styles to the Yingtian sword. You being able to learn it in just three years have already surpassed countless swordsmen in this world. This fourth style is something your teacher had added later. If you hadn't seen your Master's comments when you looked at the sword book before, and insisted on learning it from Master, Master would not have taught you this form."

The Yingtian sword technique was the swordsmanship he chose for Shen Shu.

Although there were only three styles, there were endless variations.

Moreover, the sword technique was sharp, which was suitable for the young and energetic Shen Shu who still didn't know how to retract his sharpness.

At the beginning when he was sent to the Demon Palace, after the Demon Lord removed the spirit lock ring that Chen Weiyuan used to confine his spiritual power for him, the first sword technique he learned was this sword technique.

When he first saw this sword technique in the Demon Lord's library, he had liked the artistic conception of the sword technique very much.

Later, after the Demon Lord discovered that he had practiced the Yingtian Sword Art, he had a great interest to practice with him, and compete to see who could learn it faster.

The loser would be punished.

The Demon Lord's sword dao realm was much higher than that of his. Thus for comprehending the sword dao, he was naturally inferior to the other party.