Chapter 10: Carving a Sword.

Shen Shu looked at the person in front of him playing the qin.

Sitting before the table, Ye Yunlan lowered his head. He rested his five slender, pale fingers on the strings with his eyelashes hanging down like unfolded butterfly wings.

Sunlight seeped in from the window, shining on him. The scarlet mole at the end of his eye sank into the shadow of his peripheral, revealing a gentle, charming look.

The thin dust floated gently in the air, accompanied by the sound of music.

Shen Shu had never heard the qin before, but he felt that this music made people feel intoxicated.

It seemed to be drifting from a distant place. Passing through the flowing water in the mountains, snowy forests and seas, it carried the natural wind of the sky and earth to his ears.

He listened to the sound of the qin as if he had arrived in an empty and uninhabited realm. All the earthly disturbances were far away, leaving only the sound of the guqin, echoing leisurely.

It was very beautiful.

But very lonely.

The person who was playing the qin, covered in warm yellow sunlight, gently lifted his fingertips on the strings. He was clearly right in front of him, but he still looked so ethereal and illusory.

It was as if he could disappear in the blink of an eye.

Shen Shu's pupils tightened. His five fingers shook subconsciously as if he wanted to try to grasp something.

One piece was played.

Ye Yunlan raised his head and saw that Shen Shu had stopped his hand movement and was looking straight at him.

The young boy's eyes were sharp and narrow. He was born with a vicious aura, and his eyes looked dark with something surging within. For some reason, he felt it was a little familiar.

He frowned. Rubbing his temples, he looked again. The boy's eyes were as bright and clear as usual. They were full of pure yearning for him.

Just now, it was probably just his illusion.

Ye Yunlan was not used to being stared at with such enthusiasm. He moved his eyes away, flicking his fingertips across the strings, and asked softly: "Does it sound good?"

Shen Shu blinked and said seriously: "It sounded really good."

Ye Yunlan: "Qin music can calm your mind and cultivate your temperament. If you encounter difficulties in your practice in the future, you can come to me to listen to the qin. It may be a little helpful."

Shen Shu nodded. He hesitated, then said: "Immortal Lord, in the future... will you always be here?"

Ye Yunlan: " Why do you suddenly ask this?"

"I'm just a little scared," Shen Shu said in a low voice, as if embarrassed, "I'm afraid that the Immortal Lord will leave sometime in the future...and I won't be able to find you anymore to listen to your qin."

Ye Yunlan smiled after listening.

He hadn't noticed before that this little wolf cub was not only stubborn, but also very clingy.

"If there is no accident in the future, I won't leave here easily."

Shen Shu's eyes lit up.

Ye Yunlan continued: "It's just that, I think you also know thus, but everyone in this world will all have a day when they need to leave – no matter how many promises or appointments have been made. Although I will not leave here, it's impossible for me to stay by your side for my entire life."