Chapter 81: Choice.

The two passed through the Gate of Light and walked into a gloriously blurred passage. The boundary between illusion and reality was unclear in the passage. It was as if a lot of scenery and a long time were passing by. Ye Yunlan didn't speak of what he was thinking of. Suddenly, he heard Shen Shu say: "Master is still thinking about what you just heard?"

Ye Yunlan said: "En, it's just a little pitiful."

Shen Shu: "What is pitiful?"

Ye Yunlan: "It's pitiful for those who are sentimental but have to experience the hardships. Them not marrying in the end was an accident that arose from many causes."

Shen Shu: "Since Master said they are sentimental, then I will admit that they have affection for each other for the time being. But in my opinion, the love between them may not be too deep. Especially the guy in the underworld palace."

Ye Yunlan turned his head slightly, "Why do you think so?"

Shen Shu: "If my heart is with a person, as long as I'm not dead, I will protect them entirely. Whoever dares to hurt him, disgrace him, must first step over my body. No matter what, I would never leave him aside, let alone say all that empty talk, then have him wait for a lifetime."

"Also," Shen Shu turned his head and stared at Ye Yunlan, "The one I like, even if they turn to ashes, I won't mistake them."

He didn't know why, but when he met his eyes, Ye Yunlan felt a tremor in his heart. He was silent for a while, then whispered: "There are always too many mishaps in this world and forever departures. There are always things in the world that manpower and effort cannot counter."

He seemed to think of something, then stopped, then spoke again.

"...And in this world, just being willing to die for someone doesn't mean it's love. Also, not just empty words would make a person wait for a lifetime."

The passage came to an end when they were speaking.

Ye Yunlan stepped out.

The colorful scenes around disappeared, and the surroundings returned to night again. The light of the red moon in the high sky shone down, and they were in a place with a lot of stone steles.

Wanbei Forest. (forest of a thousand stone tablets)

This place's name appeared in Ye Yunlan's mind.

There were three levels in the Netherworld Secret Realm. The first level had endless illusions, the second level was an unpredictable space of calamity, and the third level was where various ancient tomb treasures were deposited.

He followed the Sky Sect cultivators into the secret realm in his previous life. Although the cultivators would disperse as soon as they entered the secret realm, the dispersion's distance wasn't very far. They would quickly gather as they traveled forward. The danger in the Netherworld Secret Realm was unpredictable, and having more people to take care of each other could also allow them to move forward faster.

But in this world, he and Shen Shu separated from the others and accidentally broke into the secret realm's core space. They got help from another and greatly saved time to allow them to cross the secret realm's second space directly.

Wanbei Forest -the entrance to the Netherworld Secret Realm's third level- was in front of them now. It was also where Rong Ran told the sect disciples to gather while they were outside the secret realm.

Wanbei Forest was a burial site.

Ye Yunlan walked to a stone tablet and saw the mottled and blurred writing on it: Que Qing Sect, Xie Lin, a cultivator in the later stages of Demi-God. Once entered a ghost dwelling alone and murdered three thousand ghosts. He died during ghost chaos at the age of 329.