Chapter 15: Lying Together.

The steam evaporated.

Ye Yunlan closed his eyes and leaned on the tub, as if all the exhaustion accumulated in the day has dissolved in this pool of hot water.

He was drowsy. Only thinking about Shen Shu who was still waiting for him in the room, did he barely lift his eyelids up. His lowered eyes saw his hair on the surface of the water like black algae. It reflected a face that had been tainted with heat.

He looked like his mother.

This face was really similar to his mother.

Countless times, Ye Yunlan hoped that he didn't have the ability to remember.

In this way, he would no longer be entangled by those complicated nightmares for such a long time. Those memories that he had finally suppressed would no longer be triggered by casual words of others. Familiar scenes that he occasionally sees would no longer make those nightmares all become clear again in his eyes, lingering.

He watched the inverted figure in the water, then he stretched out his hand to disperse the water. He got up and walked out of the tub. He dried his long hair with a bath towel, and returned to the bedroom with good clothes.

A faint candle was lit in the room.

He stepped lightly. Before he reached the bed, he saw the boy poking his head out of the bed and blinking at him.

His heart softened, and the anxieties accumulated in his chest became much less.

"Have you waited for a long time?" Ye Yunlan asked softly.

"No." Shen Shu still looked very energetic, "Master is not here, so I can't sleep. I was just practicing... the chant given to me by the Immortal Lord."

Ye Yunlan's eyes were soft, but his mouth slightly rebuked, "You are at the age of growth, if you do not get enough rest, beware that you won't be able to grow tall in the future. You might regret it later."

"...but if I'm too tall, I can't rest in the arms of Master." Shen Shu seriously said, "This way. ......is fine."

"Nonsense." Ye Yunlan tapped his forehead with his finger, "If you meet someone you like in the future, would you want to nestle in the arms of that girl and ask them to spoil you and indulge you? Instead, shouldn't you hold her and protect her?"

Shen Shu pursed his mouth and said dully : "I don't want a girl, I just want Master."

Ye Yunlan laughed helplessly, "I forgot, at your age, you still don't understand this. You'll understand when you grow up. In this world of love, how can you refuse it and say you don't want it."

He stopped mentioning it. He sat on the side of the bed and rubbed the boy's head, "Hurry up and go to sleep. Master... will be here."

Shen Shu rubbed against his hand and closed his eyes obediently.

He lowered his eyes to stare at Shen Shu for a moment. Seeing that the boy was really asleep, then did he take out his queying sword by the head of the bed. He put it on his lap, and began to wipe it slowly.

Wiping the sword was his daily homework.

Taking care of a sword was a sword cultivator's life. He must communicate with it frequently. Even if Ye Yunlan had mastered his sword dao to great success, he couldn't leave out this little effort.

After wiping the sword, the boy was already in deep sleep. He was lying on his back, very quiet.

Moonlight came in through the window, and the sea of ​​flowers swayed outside the window.