Chapter 31: The Palace Wall.

"...What's the grievance?"

Facing Gu Xuan's question, Ye Yunlan only closed his eyes.

He turned around and did not answer Gu Xuan's question directly. He said indifferently: "Daoist Gu, all you need to know is that I don't want to have any ties with the Yaori imperial clan anymore. Since you are well acquainted with the Yaori imperial clan, I beg you to leave this place after you are well recuperated."

Ye Yunlan didn't say anything more.

Gu Xuan's red jade order, he had just held it in his hand and looked at it carefully.

The texture of the jade order was ordinary, there was nothing worthy of special attention. However, the material used to make the jade order was primordial chalcedony.

The surface of the jade order was the color of blood. It was the purest primordial chalcedony of the fire elemental type.

There are only several spirit veins in the world that can produce Primordial Chalcedony. However, the only one in the entire cultivation world that can produce Primordial Chalcedony of the Fire Element is the spirit vein controlled by the Ye clan – Scarlet Fire Pool.

Few people know about this. The reason he knew this was when he and the Demon Lord were enemies of the world, the other party had told him this fact.

Gu Xuan was a member of the Ye clan.

Moreover, Gu Xuan should have a fairly pure royal bloodline to possess such a rare jade order.

... In order to maintain the purity of blood, the Ye clan has always intermarried with close relatives. It is possible that between him and Gu Xuan, there could be some blood relationship.

Ye Yunlan didn't want to go into details.

This time, he tried to save the other party out of habit. However, on the other hand, he was repaying a little bit of karma to his predecessor Emperor Changming who gave him the soul collecting flower.

"Shen Shu." Ye Yunlan turned his head and said to Shen Shu, "Master has been busy with all sorts of trivial matters for the past two days and has not taught you about swordsmanship. Tomorrow, the dao conference will open and you need to learn more about swordsmanship. This place is narrow, so the sword cannot be used. Take your sword and follow me to practice outside."

Shen Shu's dark eyes lit up. He quickly picked up his sword, "Yes, Master."

Gu Xuan couldn't help groaning when he saw that the person in front of him was about to leave. He struggled to get up, moving his chest injury.

He called out to the other party with difficulty, "Daoist Ye, please wait."

Ye Yunlan stopped and turned to look at him, "Hm?"

Gu Xuan stared deeply at the pale, thin person in front of him: "You said you and the Yaori royal family have private grievances?"

Ye Yunlan: "Yes."

"The Yaori royal family is warlike by nature, conquering places all over, there are countless people who have hatred against them. So, it is normal for you to have grudges with them." When it comes to being warlike by nature, Gu Xuan revealed a look of exhaustion that was difficult to detect. He paused, "What do you think about today's crown prince of Yaori...what kind of person is he?"

This question was actually a bit abrupt.

But Gu Xuan still asked.

Perhaps it was because of his weakness after his injury or perhaps it was because of the appearance of the person in front of him that was too similar to his mother or perhaps it was because of the unexpected reunion after many years.