Chapter 64 - Be Prepared

Start from the beginning

"I'll catch him up, if it comes to it Bella. You have to know, we would do, and are doing, all that we can for your daughter as much as we would for our own children." She leaned forward, bringing me into a hug.

"I know." She forced out with all the pent-up emotion she could. "I'll see you tomorrow?" She questioned. With all that was going on, we'd nearly forgotten the holidays. It was Christmas. I nodded to her.

"Yes, bright and early. There's a dinner tonight with the wolves, but Jacob and I will be at Charlie's tomorrow. Don't worry." I reassured her.

"Will you bring them?" I smiled sadly, and she sighed. "I understand. Get home safe." I nodded, pulling away before transporting myself back to Billy's to get ready. My mate and children were the only ones still present, and waiting for me to head to Quil's.

It was hard. Being around my unknowing mate, his pack, and our children. Everyone had been in a cheery mood. There wasn't a Christmas tree, or typical decorations adorning the abode. However, there were twinkly lights, and a lovely smell filled the room. They didn't celebrate in the traditional way, but they always had a dinner and get together, or so Jacob had informed me. All the wolves had even dressed up. A change from seeing them in their usual tattered shorts and shirtless torsos. Save for Leah of course. The girls had all adorned pretty dresses or colorful sweaters. It was lovely.

I'd let everyone fuss over both my children. The two were in a particularly good mood, cooing at everyone who held them. Neither one was being fussy or trying to reach or pull for anyone, which Jacob and I were thankful for. Both of us frequently dreaded releasing them to anyone, lest we have to deal with another broken body part or torn clothing and hair.

I'd dressed Logan in a cute red sweatshirt with little khaki-colored pants, he was dressed like his daddy's little clone, matching him down to the little black shoes he wore. Aria was wearing a tiny red dress with a green sash, little white legging bottoms to keep her legs warm, and little black booties. I donned a red V-neck sweater and white pants, my hair up and out of my face, which had become the norm since having the twins. I was thankful for the camera that Pete had decided to bring, as he took frequent pictures of us and the others present. I definitely wanted copies of all the pictures he took.

"Kid, kid, kid! Get one of me with my handsome grandson and beautiful little granddaughter!" hollered Billy, trying to get Pete's attention after Kim handed over Aria and Leah passed him Logan. I was sad that Emily and Sam would be missing out on today. Sam would arrive tomorrow, after the holidays. Lots of the wolves said he just wanted to allow Emily the chance to spend time with her side of the family, but I knew the truth already. But I was thankful that they cared enough about me to be considerate of my feelings.

"So do you normally enjoy Christmas with your family? Or do vampires not do that sort of thing?" Daniel, a wolf that had joined some months ago while I was pregnant, asked.

"We do, actually! Or we used to, anyways. What we did honestly depended on the weather. I'm all for a good holiday storm." I smiled, thinking back to our games.

"A storm? You guys storm hunters or something?" I laughed at Collin's question.

"Not quite." I smiled at him. "We like to play sports. Baseball is our favorite, but we have played football as well." I grinned at them. I knew Jacob and the other wolves were more fond of American Football than Baseball.

"Oooh! Another baseball lover!" Jumped in Brady. "Alright, Vie!" he reached over to high five me, which I gave into.

"Why wait for a storm though?" I blushed.

"The sounds our bats make me hit the balls full strength, or when vampire skin hits vampire skin, well it's pretty loud."

"Oh that's right! When your coven was tearing into those newborns, it sounded like nails on chalkboard." I winced.