28 | Not Forgotten

It all happened so fast.

No one could've predicted it.

One second they were trying to save me, the next second I'm laying on the ground with a hole in my temple.

I was dead.

Tony blames himself for not blasting away the guy that held me at gunpoint sooner.

Steve blames himself for not trying to Cap - talk him out of it.

Clint blames himself for not releasing the arrow that was targeted on his eye.

Natasha blames herself for not just shooting off the guy's hand.

Thor blames himself for not striking the guy with Thunder.

Bruce blames the other guy.

Wanda blames herself for not using her magic.

Pietro blames himself for not zooming right to me and kicking the guy.

Bucky blames himself for not looking out for me on that mission.

Sam blames himself for doing absolutely nothing.

Peter blames himself for ignoring his spider senses.

And Loki blames himself for letting me go on that mission in the first place.

He blames himself for not being there for me.

He blames himself for not looking after me.

He blames himself for just standing there, watching as the bullet went right trough my head.

The whole team was there, watching as Loki held my limp body close to his chest. They all watched and cried as your still slightly open eyes looked into nothing.

Thor eventually needed to drag Loki away from my body. He had never seen his brother cry this much.

The Avengers stood around the grave, waiting for the Coffin to be lowered into the ground. Even Nick Fury and Maria Hill were present and also shed a few tears.

There was a little tombstone, not too small but also not too big.

Talia Hawlett
June 5th 2003 - October 17th, 2022

Avenger
Friend

Gone but forever in our hearts.

After the funeral, they went back to the compound in complete silence.
Only some words were exchanged for the next few days. Slowly they began to fall into their daily routine again, but the heavy lack of Talia was missing.

Loki didn't come out for weeks, ate In his room and eventually went to the roof, where we both would spend some time without being interrupted.

They tried to get back to living like they lived before I even was on the team.

They tried.

2 chapters in one day??? I'm impressed by myself honestly

And there is still one only chapter left for tomorrow.

Thank you for supporting this book through this whole process <333

See ya tomorrow ;)