24 | Bombed

──────────

Not even 10 minutes later the whole team is in the Quinjet. Tony and Steve were currently looking over some things.

"Any idea who placed the bombs?" Tony asked, still looking at the device in his hands.

"My guess would be Hydra." Steve replied with a sigh.

"What would Hydra gain with a bombing?" Both men looked at me with a confused look.

I sighed, "I mean that's just a random bombing, right? Usually when Hydra attacks it's because they want something. So what would they gain by bombing a normal apartment building?"

"You think they're planning something big?" Tony asked sceptically.

"I don't know, but bombing a random apartment building out of nowhere is a bit weird." I responded, keeping my eyes on the floor.

"You're scared." Loki, who was sitting beside me, stated coldly.

"No I'm not. We're not even sure if it's actually Hydra, besides what are they gonna do? I'm one of the most skilled Assasins." That was a lie.

Saying I was scared is an understatement. Hydra is doing something. Something big. And I want to shit my pants but that'd be disgusting so I won't.

I zoned out for the rest of the flight, thinking about everything that could happen. My legs shaking while my fingers fiddle with the fingerless gloves of my suit.

A hand on my thigh, which I soon realized to be Lokis once I looked up, brought me out of my thoughts. He nodded to the exit of the jet softly, signaling that we've arrived.

Here goes nothing.

It's Hydra, obviously.

Their Agents are scattered everywhere.

Some of them still going on strong while most of them are laying dead on the ground.

"Talia we need help getting the people out of those apartments!" I heard Tony in my earpiece.

"I'm kinda busy right now!" I respond while wrapping my legs around a agents neck, crashing onto the ground with him.

I roll up and instantly hit the next one that is approaching me while my other hands holds my gun, shooting the incoming guy.

"How many people are there?" Steve's heavy breathing voice rings in my ear.

"Around 20." Tony responds.

After shooting another Agent, I see even more coming. I groan and pull out my daggers.

While hitting, stabbing and dodging Punches, I see some more Agents surrounding me.

"I'm outnumbered." I quickly mutter into my earpiece when I see even more agents coming. Then I stand there, surrounded by Atleast 30 Agents.

As you probably think, this fight is going on and on. I'm lucky Hydra's Agents are getting old so it's easier to kill them.

Well, surprise, talked too soon.

While I'm distracted trying to hit two at a time, one comes from behind me and tackles me to the ground.

I'm about to knee him in the groin when I see him pulling out a syringe.

My eyes widen. How could I have been so stupid. Ofcourse they're here for me. The bombs, everything. It's a setup so they can get back their beloved Assasin.

Just when he's about to hit my neck with it, his now limp body falls onto mine but gets pushed away quickly by Loki.

"Did he hurt you? Are you okay?" He asked, concern lacing his voice while he frantically examines my head.