26 | Jasper

──────────

3 days passed faster than I imagined.
Currently, I was packing for the mission, since we are planning to stay there for a bit.

The team - mostly Loki - has refused to let me go alone so Bucky volunteered. Steve was worried about Bucky getting involved with something about Hydra again, but he reassured him that it was okay.

Tony gave us earpieces and burner phones in case of emergencies earlier at breakfast.

"Are you sure that's all you need? What if you get too cold and need another layer of clothing?" Loki asked worriedly afte the threw literally the warmest clothes I had into the duffel bag.

"I already have like 4 sweatshirts, I don't need more." I reassured him, "besides, it's only like 3 days. There's no way we're staying longer."

Loki sighed in defeat and carried the bag for me. We walked outside my room and into the common area to see everyone already waiting.

"Finally!" Tony exclaimed, "We've been waiting Atleast 20 minutes."

"Well I'm here now, aren't I?" I smirked back.

"Bucky's all loaded up. We're ready If Talia is." Nat said as she appeared in the doorway of the landing pad.

I went to hug everyone and finally reached Loki, who was looking at me with pleading eyes to stay.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked softly. I nodded into his chest and gave him a quick peck on the lips before disappearing into the Quinjet.

"You ready?" Bucky asked.

I inhaled sharply, "let's do this."

Once we landed we immediately got to work on setting up our sleeping places. The coordinates led us near a Hydra Base.

Hours passed and there was nothing. The base hasn't shown any signs of being active.

"It's abandoned." Bucky stated blankly as we kept staring at the base.

"No shit." I sighed, "Why would they send us the location of an abandoned base. It doesn't make sense."

He frowned, "Does anything Hydra does make sense?"

"I mean, not-" I was soon cut off by our earpieces.

"We found out that the base is long abandoned. I know you know so don't cut me off! Anyway, there's some kind of weapons import today at night so I'd suggest you check that out." Tony said.

I glanced at Bucky and he shrugged. It can't be bad to check it out.

"Are we even sure that's Hydra?" He asked after a while.

"No. But it never hurts to be sure. Also I put my card into Talia's bag so get some clothes for a Gala or something."

"How much time do we have?" I asked.

"I'll send you the info and where to find any shops or something. I gotta go tho, Clint ate Thor's PopTarts and he's freaking out now."

I silently laughed and stood up to make something to eat. We were here for 4 hours now and neither of us ate anything.

Me and Bucky ate silently, sometimes glancing at each other but nothing more. It honestly wasn't awkward. It was the silence I have with Loki when we lay in bed and just snuggle into each other.

"Why'd you come?" He suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows.

He sighed, "I know damn well you didn't come because you 'wanted to'. This is a Hydra mission, no one just volunteers for that."

"You did." I deadpanned.

"Yeah, because you did. We're the only ones that have a huge past with them. You know their tricks just as I do, so why sent only one when you have two?"

"They want me back, obviously. And they're going to go through everything and everyone to do that. I'm just here so if they actually they make, they don't kill anyone I care about."

He smirked, "You care about us."

"I don't care about anyone but myself."

"Loki?"

"Just shut up, we have to get ready." I said annoyed as I finally stood up and looked trough my bag for the card Tony put in.

༺♡༻

After some shopping for formal clothing for that Gala-thing, we settled for some food since the Gala doesn't start for another 2 hours.

I chose a very dark purple long sleeved dress, which made it easier to hide my suit under. Because I'm definetly not going to fight in a dress.
Bucky just has some random suit and a tie.

After eating our food, going back to where we had our stuff, dressing up and going over the plan for the 100th time, we finally made it to the entrance of the huge ballroom.

Yep, Hydra has a whole ballroom set up so they can peacefully trade weapons. It's ridiculous, but also works ridiculously good.

Me and Bucky split up after some time to try and find some suspicious looking people. I gave up after 20 minutes of just walking around and was currently downing my 5 drink when a man approached me.

"What's a pretty Lady like you doing here all alone?" He slumped down right next to me.

I chuckled, "My boyfriend dragged me here and now I honestly don't know where he's off to."

"So not all alone?" He asked in a disappointed tone.

"I mean I do have company, but currently, I indeed am alone." I answered, looking up at him trough my eyelashes.

He smirked and put his hand on my tigh, rubbing up and down a tiny bit and it took me everything in my power not to smack him across the face.

A loud clang sounded behind me, making me flinch. I looked behind me and saw the tablet that a waiter dropped. I looked back and the man was sniffling my drink.

I frowned at him and he just started chuckling.

"I was just wondering what you ordered. I didn't introduce myself yet did I? I'm Jasper." I shrugged off the weird sniffling on my drink thing and introduced myself to Jasper with a fake name Tony gave me.

We talked and laughed and drinked together, honestly, he wasn't that bad to be around. There was still no sight of Bucky, but his talking in my earpiece reassured me he was okay.

I suddenly started to feel dizzy and it became hard to breath. My vision became blurry and I saw Jasper still talking to me. My eyes couldn't focus anymore and I gripped the counter of the Bar.

I gave Jasper an apologetic smile and tried to stand up, only for my legs to give out underneath me. Just before I became one with the floor, he caught me and waved a hand In front of my eyes.

And then everything went black.

"I got her."