The Little Zombie (29)

After she finished speaking, Lucas raised his eyes and glanced at her.

"You don't have to worry about it" He said and walked past her.

Anna glanced at her leaving back.

"He noticed it" She muttered under her breathe hoping that nothing would happen again.

Lucas went all the way and returned to the room.
He glanced at the mountain of Nucleus at The side and at Rose who sat down on the floor absorbing them one after the other

Thinking of what Anna said, he paused hid lips . If he said he didn't notice, then he is a liar. Her attitude were strange unlike her.

She kept absorbing Nucleus nonstop, killing Zombies and harvesting their Nucleus as if she has a clear aim.

As if she is preparing for something.

"Why are you absorbing so much?" The went over and sat down next to her.

"Is it strange that I am absorbing so much?" She turned and glanced at him without panic.

Her eyes were clear and no matter how Lucas wanted to find something, he just couldn't.

"Yes. It's ten times the size that you normally absorb."

"I think so too. Maybe my appetite has doubled" Rose replied nonchalantly.

"You promised me not to leave" Lucas suddenly said as Rose paused slightly in her movement.

"AI3, do you think he noticed something?"

"Host! I don't know, but we can't let him know. We have only 2 days left and if he finds out everything is over" AI3 reminded her.

"Seems like this has to be done earlier than scheduled" Rose muttered.

"Rose?" Lucas called her seeing that she is not saying anything, his doubts became bigger.

"Well, I'm not leaving, at least not now" Rose muttered.

"You were really going to leave?" Lucas smiled bitterly.

"I have to sooner or later. I am just a Zombie and it's extremely dangerous staying here" She tried to reason with him.

"No! I don't agree! I won't let you leave!" Lucas held unto her refusing to let go.

"Host! Why are you telling him?" AI3 asked confused.

"He will find ways to hold me back but it  won't be Tonight" Rose muttered.

"Does Host mean _"

"Yes we are leaving tonight!" Rose said.

Hearing this AI3 let out a wax for the lord god in his heart.

"Host, The soul fragments will be hurt" AI3 tried to persuade her.

"I know. But the lord god will not be sad. After all I am just a chess piece that will be abandoned after being used " Rose felt a little uncomfortable thinking of it that way.

"But_"

"Is unfair isn't it. If I refused I will be annihilated, if it fail a mission, part of my soul will be destroyed but he is alright.

Whether I fail this mission or not, His soul will always leave the moment I leave and then he forgets everything leaving me with such memories."

"Host!"

"Forget it. I also think I should leave " She muttered.

Did the past world and this world not change her feelings at all; of course It did but that doesn't make her forget the fact that she is a chess piece.