Chapter 1 : Her mission!

CBI Headquarters Delhi:

Reena, dressed in a simple shirt and jeans, enters a cabin making everyone turn their attention to her.
She then smiles at Raghavan who was sitting in his chair and says "Morning sir" to which he lifts his head and smiles looking at her.
"Welcome back Ms.Mission accomplisher!" He states it with a pride in his voice towards her to which Reena smiles saying "Thankyou sir!".

Raghavan: You know how proud CBI is to have you and I am to have you in my team.

Before she could reply to him, Vikram who is her teammate and friend interferes the conversation.

Vikram: Well for that, she has to thank me sir.

Reena and Raghavan turn their gaze toward him and looks at him with a question face making Vikram shrug his shoulders and continue his talk.

Vikram: Because I'm the one she always uses as a bait for all her undercover operations...I'm the one who risks it...I deserve half the credit.

To which Raghavan rolls his eyes with a smile and Reena smirks at him.

Reena: True...and that is why I've decided you will be the official bait for all my coming operations and I'll be using you completely.

Reena says making Vikram widen his eyes with fear and Raghavan and Reena chuckle seeing his face.

Raghavan: But seriously Reena, I always feel sorry that your achievements remain unknown...I mean all the cases you've solved are complicated to which you can get a good name..but you don't want anyone to know about you and you just keep putting the credits of all the cases on me.

Reena suddenly frowns hearing him and gives him a weak smile saying " I'm doing this job because I love it sir...there's no need for anyone not even my family to know that it is me who's doing it...honestly, nobody cares about it...and that's why I take up only undercover operations and it's best this way sir."

Raghavan nods at her listening the same words she repeats everytime when asked about her personal life.

Reena: And I hope my next Mission is ready sir?

To which Raghavan changes his expression and looks at everyone in the cabin to which they leave and left behind in the cabin are Reena, Raghavan, Vikram and Ramesh.

Raghavan continues "We do have something on our plate but it's complicated" making Reena raise her eyebrows in amuse and says " Every case is complicated before solving sir..what's new in this?.."

Raghavan says "Well the case we're talking about is happening since 25 years but no one does anything about it ..Ramesh!.." he says asking him to continue making Reena and Vikram turn their attention to Ramesh.

Ramesh looks at Reena and continues " Huge amounts of illegal transactions, Heavy flow of gold in black markets...all of these show a single place...KGF " to which Reena repeats raising her eyebrows "KGF?"  And Ramesh nods continuing "Illegal gold mining in the name of limestone corporation and it's been happening since years"

Reena thinks processing the information and questions " If it's happening for years, why hasn't the government take any action?"  Making Raghavan sigh " Because the government is in KGF's control" He declares surprising Reena with the new information and she says with an impressed look " It does sound complicated".
Vikram turns to Raghavan and asks "If the government is in it's control...what's the point of this investigation?...End of the day, we can't do anything right?" To which Reena says with a determined look on her face "The government cannot save it if we have a solid evidence about the illegal activity...and we need to find one."  To which Raghavan and Vikram nod in agreement.

Vikram asks turning towards Ramesh " what about ownership?..who's handling the place?"  To which Ramesh Snaps at him saying " well according to our sources, there's a completely new leadership now..someone from outside killed the previous one and took over the KGF."

Reena with an impressed tone in her voice "Someone was powerful enough to defeat the already powerful owner...he seems interesting...hope I'll meet him soon."
To which Vikram smirks and continues " And I hope to see your face-off with him..you know...two fierce people fighting...sounds interesting for me.."

Reena glares at him to which he just shrugs his shoulders with a playful smile...and Reena turns back to Ramesh.

Reena: What else do we know about this outsider?

To which Ramesh sighs " Not much...just that he's a Bombay shooter who worked for Shetty"  and Reena immediately frowns trying to remember something "Bombay...Shetty...the name sounds familiar...and we don't know the name of the outsider?"

Ramesh nods and says "But it seems that he's quite famous in Bombay...we might know if we try there..".

Reena thinks for a while and turns to Raghavan "It's clear that we can't find out anything about KGF..it's better if we start knowing about it's owner through which we might find a link..and for that Shetty is the only way." To which Raghavan nods and " Do what you feel is right but just remember that this is off the record as we don't have the permission for this investigation."

Reena nods and gets up to leave and turns to Vikram "Be ready by 8 in the morning...don't be late." Making him shocked and he asks "Who said that I'm coming with you?"  To which Reena says casually "Me!"...I just said you'll be the bait in my every operation..".

Vikram sighs and says "Fine!...just make sure that I'll come alive out of this."  And Reena smirks "I'll try my best."  Making Vikram frown.

And they leave to prepare for the travel to Bombay and the mission thereafter.

Reena reaches her house and all the while she's been thinking about KGF and It's powerful owner, she looks into the mirror and says to herself "Get ready Mr.Outsider!...I'm going to meet you very soon."

_________________________________________________

That's the heroine's entry and life guys!...
Hope you liked it.
And I'm sorry for not giving the Hero's entry in this chapter...that will be done in the next chapter.

And I was thinking if this idea of the plot would work but the response you guys gave just gave me confidence to continue writing this...Thankyou so much for that.

Do mention your views about it and please do vote and comment.

Thankyou!🤞