Northern Lights

Niklaus and Elijah were in the corner's nook. Niklaus's eyes widen, whereas Elijah's eyes squint seeing the fire on his window. They quickly went there noticing a man on a stretcher, Elijah headed upstairs as Klaus compel people to go. Elijah kick opens the door looking around, Niklaus appears looking at the burning room. The vamps speed noticing the grimoire "Maximus is not here". Elijah's neck snaps to him, to which Niklaus nod. Soon the girls came around, Niklaus glared at them "Where were you both?"
"It is not time to fight Niklaus" Freya raises her arms, shutting the fire. Niklaus went and removed the live wire from the grill, "typical coward killer".
Elijah looks at his wardrobe burned; his suits are all burned to black pieces. He huffs, not liking it at all. Niklaus advises "you can buy new ones"
Elijah wave off the concern "What is most important is who gets him out?" he glances at the girls "by your faces, I can tell you both went to his house to search Jackson"
"It couldn't be Mohinder. We saw him there."
"Zoya?" Niklaus thought. Elijah shook's head "She will not target innocent firemen. I believe it was him and someone else." Elijah goes to another room where they tied Maximus. He looked around and caught the note. Niklaus looked at him, Elijah read out "Only I can kill you" Elijah handed the note to Niklaus. Niklaus read the note, "what now to surprise a possessive killer."
Freya asked, "who?"
"his sister. I assume." Elijah answered Freya.
"I cannot digest the just burn a room in return for us torturing him" Elijah and Niklaus wondered about Hayley's words. They both nodded and went to look around for white oak bullets and Niklaus to check on his room .
Elijah sighs in relief as he finds white oak bullets and the library intact. Hayley appears "It seems he is dumb or soft" Elijah glances at Hayley looking around books "Or maybe he likes books." Elijah looks at her for an explanation "when we met him the first time, he was reading the book and I could see a library behind" rather than getting the image of Maximus reading a book he got an image of Zoya with concentration reading the book and then her looking up from the book with dark eyes looking at him back. He blinks, takes a breath, nodding going out of the library. He was leaving "You can stay in my room," Hayley advised.Elijah pauses for a second wondering "Hayley you won't go again at Larousse's place" her head tilted "he doesn't like anyone indulging with his kids" he explains. Hayley nods.
elijah relax and  says, "I have to get my clothes from my apartment. I have a few of my suits there. If everything goes well tonight and get some time to relax, I will stay in your room" she gave him a tiny smile.

Elijah went to go around but once wanted to look in his room. He still couldn't digest that Maximus just burned his room. Something clicks and shifts the burnt bed frame, revealing a trunk. Blowing air on it, getting rid of burned ashes. The man lifted the lid, expecting his journal. Everything was their rings and memorial, apart from his journal, which was missing.

Niklaus came around as he heard shuffling again from Elijah's room, he observed as Elijah looked around things searching. Niklaus asks "what did he take?" but Elijah, who hadn't heard, looked around, as he was glancing into his eyes, and fell on Niklaus with questions written all over his face.
"Nothing," he answered.
"brother?"
"Not sort of that could hurt us." Niklaus grew skeptical hearing Elijah's answer.

Elijah was going to his other apartment but Niklaus followed him "What exactly you meant by?"
"My. Journal." Niklaus' eyes narrowed, looking at the ground wondering.
"How he can use it against her?" Elijah looks at him. getting panic since he always has doubts about certain ways Zoya usually reacts.
"She and I were connected, and I often saw her, witness her nightmares. Her memories from her childhood. Her dying."
Niklaus grew impatient, not getting Elijah's point because Maximus already knew she feared him, "can you not talk in riddles?"
"I need to pen it down somewhere" Elijah tries not to lose his patience since it was not the only thing he pen down. He wrote many things about her, if someone read it, he wouldn't sound less than manic.