A Different Air

Zoya was done changing her clothes, feeling weak as she took the edge of bed sitting on it. slowly meeting with Larousse and his words keep registering her and tears pool in her eyes. She wipes her tears as the door opens., nurset appears "let me dress your wounds and then you can sleep." nurset thought, not pointing at Zoya's recently crying eyes "after eating your khichdi." Zoya just hummed in response.

"I don't want to bother you but Elijah got too knew about me not at our safe place," she gently wiped wound on her purple looking wrist "maybe we should be tell him"

Zoya shook her head "No" controlling the voice "I will manage him, don't worry."

"but you won't tell him," nurset state.

"Rebekah is missing, and he keeps you safe. He has already done a lot for you–us." the nurse nodded but she asked "it was your father?" tears flow down even before she could deny "don't lie to me I heard a few of our aunt talking about him being," she look down "murder charges before and then you are not carrying his name. You should tell the cops."

"he won't be back. He wanted something and now he has it. "

"And if he comes back?"

"I promise I will take more serious measures,". nurset didn't response just walk out of room "I am getting your food in your room. "

She grabs her phone from her table type message to Elijah about her being with her sister at their apartment. And then telling him about staying there tonight. She presses the send button and lets the phone fall carelessly on the bed.

Nurset enters, getting her hot khichdi with butter, pickle and curd. "Tell me if you need anything I am in the hall" Zoya hum and nurset shuts the door on her way out.

She had just taken her bite when her phone rang with Lucien's call. While she doesn't prefer phone while eating, she picked up "Helly Luv"

"hey,"

"what happened?"

"Nothing, I am eating dinner,"

"Oh, it's quite early. I thought we could go somewhere again."

"I was tired and hungry, so I thought if I eat and rest,"

"totally fine with me. How do you like the flowers? I want to hand you them by myself, but Elijah stopped me. No wonder you hate him. "

"you send those flowers?"

"you liked them,"

"yeah they were beautiful. "

"Not more than you," a smile crept on her face on his praise. "But don't worry if it is not dinner tonight we could meet at lunch. If you have a problem-"

"okay,"

They talk some more than fifteen minutes when she hang-up and decides to sleep for a few minutes as she can feel her eyelids getting heavy.

Elijah was on the streets of French quarters when he got the message from Zoya. he relaxed as he learned both sisters are together and safe. Well, he still doesn't understand why nurset ran away. From the window. He was walking when he saw Marcel walking toward him, he ignored him and tried to walk past "can't you not act like I can be responsible. I am no longer a child Elijah."

"I am glad to know that you are still with strix"

"so that I could help find Rebekah"

"a very good reason I am still listening to you"

"Do you know where I could find Zoya? she is not in compound"

"I don't know marcel. but why are you looking for her?"