UPBringing My Strength

As soon as she entered under a sheet, she closed her eyes. All day, memories pass through her closed eyes. It was a joyful day at the end. Somehow Elijah, who came with a black color shirt, came up again. Her finger curled up, feeling her cotton pillow cover.

She heard the pounding drums over the slanted roof on the patio outside her room. It wasn't long before the sweet, earthy smell hit her nostrils.
She pulled over the covers, got up, and moved to the doors. The corner of her lips curled up, hearing the droplets falling over leaves and the ground pooling around.

Zoya

I came out, unlocking the door. I could feel myself happy as a few tiny droplets flowed hitting my face. I shut the door without making any sound.
God, it feels so good leaving the artificial lights, just living under the light of thunder.
Peeping, toeing, holding to the wooden railing, I step down, lifting my pajama pants. To be fair. I miss my childhood days. Especially from the orphanage and living with appi and jiju. Especially jiju. Appi was always careful that I didn't get sick. I guess that's a couple of things. One will spoil you other will keep you under restrictions.

The rain was not so strong. But I know it will be strong hearing the thunder and I am not going to miss it. Remove all barriers from my face I carried all the time I smile looking up. waiting to get drenched.
I look at the house back once before I go into the plantation driveway more.
I was walking I remember I saw a small lake in Mikaelson's portion. Changing my direction, I start walking to it.

Elijah

I could hear niklaus arguing about Finn with Rebekah, Hayley, and freya. They tried to include me as well, but I made a beeline to the topic. It is about niklaus wanting Finn out of the pendant. Rebekah seems odd suddenly. Ignoring the fact, I look at the rain pouring out.
Ignoring them I focus on the voice of it as I let the whisky work it. going to the patio and shutting them down. I look to the plantation drinking down the whisky. I squint my eyes looking at the women. I grit my teeth when I see her walking around.

Zoya

I walk with worriedness seeing the slope plus the vision getting affected by rain. I look back as I heard the splashes. I drop my pants down seeing the man approaching, "What are you doing here?" he said loud. Loud enough even in the rain that I could get the idea of who is this spoiler.
"Flying kite" I answered with the same loudness. I was ready with a sarcastic smile, but I couldn't stop laughing seeing him all drenched. And not out of fun. He glares at me through water running over his face, and I still haven't stopped laughing.
All of a sudden I felt myself going backward. I cry, "Elijah!" the hand came pulling me. I took a breath of relief but I could feel someone staring. I glance up and see him glaring, with veins showing around his eyes. and they look drunken. "You are drunk." My mouth complains. Why is he so alcoholic?

"Uh ..." he groans with his hand up to my neck wanting to squeeze. Unfortunately, it amuses me. Can't blame me when a 1000-year-old the calmest in a suit looks frustrated it makes your facial muscles act.

I walk away from theslippery region. I peek toward the lake stretching my neck. I am not going on mytoes in this weather. I sulk seeing theregion around it is slippery. Seriously they do not know how to constructa simple lake, not even a single pathway to it.
I felt the two eyes staring, My eyebrow rose but then I rolled my eyes, and flippedmy hair. I turn around.
"You can't marry niklaus." Yeah again.
"Your Sense of ability to judge people's characteristics and state them isturning bleaker with time." "I insistyou use 'must not' rather than can't" At least one should know how to plead.
"Thanks but not considering it. Because you can't." Really. Ha. Why I am eventalking to him? oh yes because you are lenient. And you fear unwantedchanges even though they come over you like rain.
"To earth." my fingers snapped in front of my eyes. and like my mood rain alsodulled. Good now I can hear him more clearly to my dismay. But I do haveworking legs. I stomp walk.
"You shouldn't be walking too fast" Grill him Allah. my hands turn to fists. ButI still have patience. I don't know what I saw in these men before. Yes, he wascaring. Just once he held my hand tightly, he was in tears. He is just thesame face. the only advantage is that he is made for Hayley only.Complimenting each other. Mental and physical abusers. My Elijah was not likethis he knows how to apologize. But wasn't it you who killed him for thisversion? But at least he could apologize once for his behavior. Great Now I amruining my mood more.
Today by now I would have been married to Lucien. Happy.
or with the nurset playing Holi. Preparing for Eid.
or perhaps none of it. But now I am here becoming an eyesore. Such a big one thatpeople are wishing for my death.
I fidget *Honk* Allah. I look toward the entrance. Seeing the blur of a man andbike. I guess it's the boy who helped me out but not sure possible as myeyesight grew weak. I squint my eyes to focus. Another thing the doctor asked me not to stare too much. really how I am going to see it?
A breath hit my earlobe, "You know him?" I move away from him creatingdistance. Zoya keep your eyes calm. He doesn't worth to turn back and give yourlegendary stare.

I raised my pajama pants which I haven't done around Elijah because I amangry. Splashing along, I reach the entrance. I wipe the water from my eyes.
"You look funny." The boy said. It still makes me smile then insulted. My reaction to actions is getting worse. I need to attend some human socialgatherings. "I think we haven't been introduced" INTRUDER. "Elijah Smith" heoffered a hand to shake. Ethen moves his hand forward to shake. I grab onto hishand. this going to be poor hands are still soft then damp in rain. Holding onto his other hand also in case he goes to the frontline.
"You said my truck will be not ready soon."
"Oh, about that" he removes his hand. he was pulling out the case from his brown leatherjacket. "I saw this. And I was passing by from the garage I thought about droppingthat to your doorstep." He gave me my spectacle box.
"I haven't thought you would be awake." He gave me a tight smile. "And we triedto repair your truck but its parts are quite expensive we need time. But thecar does its job good. you had a rare chance of surviving. And My brother wants meto advise the one driving the car - Don't. Drive. Ever."
"Thanks so much" Elijah holds his hand in a shaking way. Let this boy live.
"Bye," he said to us retreating his hand and smiling at us. Such a good boy. Hisgirlfriend is lucky. My glasses. There is relief and distaste. I need to showerand change clothes.

I turn, but Elijah grabs onto my hand. but that was not enough he was draggingme away. and no idea where. And now we are on the street and he is still draggingme. I shrug my hand but it was nothing. I lose my patience I grab onto hisshirt collar turning him toward me. he better have a good reason. And do I needto say what I want to ask him? Because there is not one. I don't know why he isdragging me and where. And who the hell is he to drag me away? and then thereare so many statements I want to say that I don't want to talk to him.
I push him away. Easily because anger is enough no physical strength is needed. Hestumbles back a few steps.
"Am I cow? Or cattle?" I yell to his disbelief version standing looking at me.
There is a limit to everything. For sake, it is just a day and I am not paintingproof.
He grits matching my anger, "I have enough of rat and mouse" he comes back intomy personal space speaking to my face, "I want ANSWERS."
"I don't want to talk." hell to the doctor. Hell to everyone. Now I understandwhy women are not forgiving the writing of those lines is not evenconsiderate to look through their lives.
"Why were you driving so carelessly?" to the whole scenario he asks lowly to mycomparisons.
But it now where helping, I retard, "Why do you care? after the damn whole day, yougrew considerate now. Feeling unfortunate.? Wasn't that what you wished Ibetter be dead."
He rubs his face turning away but back to anger, "Can't you just figure outwhen I am speaking through anger?" "Out of all the world, you knew I wasn't me."
"I don't know. Honestly, I know nothing about this you." "And I am no moreinterested." I shook my head. seriously I have to deal with his constantjudging me, and dealing with his family. I never asked this. Even today niklaus whoI assumed was not going to betray. lies to my face. and deep down I knewRebekah would not think of me if it came to family.

"You know me." He grabs onto my shoulder looking into my eyes shocked.
I shrug my shoulder "No I Don't. And I Don't care." Even it's harsh. I don't give a damn.
He scoffs. "You are angry. If you wouldn't have cared about me. You haven'thelped me out when I am not me." Look at the man's audacity to tell me this witharrogance. And ignorant.
"I was afraid of you." I threw it in his face. you might have the face of my Elijahand memories but you aren't him. and no way from now you are going to be myweakness. "A small No. and you will tarnish everything connected to me."
"So you read my journal?" I heard him chuckle but with something in his eyes. "Journal."I roll my eyes.
"Accept it." he said through his teeth "You read my journal. Your bastard father"he uttered the last words in total disgust.
"Don't. You. Dare." I open my mouth to utter the poison "To know how muchyou hated me I don't need to read pages of your life."
Hatred came down from my guts "You and Hayley are made for each other. The mostcompatible. For sure Your aims are to the point" "Obliviously me. Till now thehybrid hasn't once apologized for her behavior and you are just givingexcuses."

"So you decide to go to your father's door begging." I heard him again.

Elijah

I can't forget Larousse's words ever since that day, "MY CLOTHES WERE TORN." Her anger hits first then words.
 "Pardon me but I happen to have a hole through my T- T-shirt around my chest area. When I left the compound, I waited around the French quarter" I felt her answer like a slap on my face. She shrugs her shoulder, "Sorry you needed me to do some chores?" I can taste it the fruit I sowed "Did someone die that I was not acknowledged" Her eyes narrowed at me "Look how freak I sound. How can you understand? You have never been abandoned. When you are in a problem the easiest you dialed to your siblings. At the end of the day, you had a place called Home." she chuckles, "You don't have to go live with people who don't want you even at the dinner table because it can offend them." 
"I assume now you got your every answer. and if is not clear passing through your thick skull. I will phase it for you Last time- Like every woman in your life, they left you because of your family. If that is what you think is true is your way of manipulating yourself. They left you because you yourself don't know how to value yourself. Least your family would consider a woman associated with you.' ""I helped you because YOU needed help. but don't you assume that i will let you or anybody play with me in damn Love or stupid friendships with fools or your worldly game you play along with everybody? I AM NOT MENTALLY WEAK. ELIJAH MIKAELSON." She snaps her fingers in front of me, "And IF I LOSE MY MIND I SWEAR ON MY UPBRINGING I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO MAKE DRAMA OUT OF PEOPLE's LIFE. AND BELIEVE ME YOU WON'T BE ABLE HANDLE IT." I didn't realise i hadn't blinked once. as she walked past me. I breathed that was holding onto.