jack and jill in city

Nurset apartment

When nurset came out of her room, Zoya was working on her laptop when she said, "Morning."

"Thank you," nurset says as she looks at the cup of tea and biscuits. Zoya hums as she stares at the computer. Both are quiet for a time, with Nurset engrossed in her tea, still tired, and Zoya engrossed in her laptop

Across the apartment "I thought I gained trust, but you folks..." said Marcel as he walked along the street with Aya.

"Marcel, Tristen is not a person you should question," aya says. "He'd never do something that put Strix in jeopardy."

"Of course," he says, as he sees them bending in front of Zoya. "Who was the ancestor?" he asked, never thinking her weak and never picking a battle with her. "Of course, you can't do it without an ancestor of hers," aya says as she comes to a halt on the road.

"You are very intelligent, Marcel," Aya said. "Yet, this does not rule out the possibility of us sharing work." She walked across the street, leaving him alone. "She won't allow you in," Marcel observes. "Let me hand her," he said, referring to her money case.

She thought for a while and at last handed the bag to marcel.

Zoya placed her hair in a claw as she sent nurset off to college after ensuring some of her aides, whom she had requested from Mohinder, safeguarded her. She also collected the money bag from the door because she didn't want to see any of them from the previous night. When we talk about any of them, we have to include him trying to use her with Elijah's help, then Hayley for many small reasons like her closeness to Elijah, her asking favors in her worst time knowing one of her people betrayed her, and deep down she can't forget she could never get along with her as Jackson or even Nikolas. She took the herbs, crushed them to paste and looked aside at the herbs boiling on the stove. She pulls out the sipper from her bag. After washing it, she refills with the boiled herbs and crushed paste. Pouring the rest in a tumbler to drink to heal her wounds from last night.

her phone screen lightens up with an incoming message from Davina: is the job offer still on?

Zoya type message–yup.–want to join?

Zoya grimaces in taste but notices her reply. She looks at Jackson status–going to board a flight at night for New Orleans. When her doorbell rang, she was going to type her reply. She cleared the desk. And in the phone camera, luckily her wounds on face got healed but there is still a mark on her wrist, but then the sleeves can cover them. She looked through the peephole and saw the second most unfavorite today. She opens the door and glares at Hayley standing there. "What do you want, Hayley?"

"Won't you invite me in?" Hayley asked.

"It depends. Did you get the one who helped strix" getting herself on the stool at the kitchen counter?

"You can't hurt them" she threw a hand in the air. "You know they are still angry over you for cursing us.... and there is also a witch and vampire." Which only makes Zoya smile bitterly, knowing if it marches Josh, Davina or even a random person from New Orleans, they would have thrown justice lecture to every fraction.

Zoya looked down at her glass filled with healing liquid, taking a sip "then why are you here?" speaking in defeat.

Hayley frowns and feels guilty when she senses her voice. Zoya noticed Hayley standing at the doorway looking down trying to bring herself to speak. Wow how exactly now I am a bad person.

"Did Freya uncover something about Felix?" she questioned, breaking the stillness after gulping it all down with dislike.

"I don't believe so," Zoya says. "I'll be at the compound by night, I assume we can figure something out," she said as she slid the glass into the sink. Zoya didn't glance up as she typed a message to Davina that said, "See you in half an hour."