forty two

Briar

The days following came and left faster than I had anticipated, with Vaughn and I spending each day seemingly having more fun than the last.

Every morning we went on a different breathtaking excursion, from zip lining, to snorkeling along the vast, colorful reefs, to swimming in the clear, blue lakes all around the island. Then at night, we relaxed by and in the pool and hot tub while eating dinner. We did a few other things, some of which I was not directly fond of, like Vaughn eating me out on the hiking trail where literally anyone could stumble upon us (and fortunately for both parties, they didn't), and others which Vaughn wasn't fond of, like skinny dipping in the lake.

But skinny dipping wasn't the part he didn't enjoy. It was the couple that stumbled upon us while we were in the middle of it that Vaughn did not enjoy.

We were in the water, every part of our bare bodies touching whilst our bathing suits nowhere to be found. I was planting small pecks on his scar, and every minute or so, I would whisper soothing words in his ear, making him relax further.

Then, I felt him stiffen and watched as his head swiveled faster than I'd ever seen it move. I didn't have my hearing aid in, so I didn't hear much of anything. But the minute I saw the man and women emerge from the foliage, similar to the movements of a feral cat, I clung onto Vaughn, the water splashing between us.

Vaughn tugged me as close as I could get, and as soon as I was latched onto him, a lanky older man and woman approached us, both wearing camp-like green colored outfits similar to that of Nigel Thornberry, with touristy looking hats to match. "Hidey ho, fellow island vacationers!" The man greeted us, and I stifled a laugh while Vaughn let out a grunt of acknowledgement. Had I not had the bejesus startled out of me, I would've found the elderly couple cute.

"I'm Mark, and this is my wife Natalie." They introduced themselves, and I gave a shy smile, "Briar," I said back, and patted my behemoth husbands shoulder, "And this is Vaughn."

I watched as their eyes took in our practically nude state, and Natalie grinned, "Newlyweds, huh?"

"Yeah." I chuckled, while Vaughn gripped my thigh under the water, urging me to move further into him.

"Oh man, I remember those days. We actually came close to this island on our honeymoon. It was about seventy miles west of here." He nodded his head west, I assumed, but neither Vaughn nor I said anything, and the couple laughed.

"Anyways," He began, "Now look at us, thirty years later on a trip to study the hawksbill turtle." He chuckled, "Oh and what a neat species they are, fun fact, they actually have poisonous meat to humans, and are the most endangered species..." The man kept talking, and I could feel Vaughn tense up, and I wanted to laugh but was able to control myself.

"And then we went..." He man continued to ramble, and after about three more minutes, Vaughn finally stopped him, "Nice story. We're leaving." He decided, and the couple stared at him with a blank look on his face.

"Turn around, my wife is naked." Vaughn scoffed like this was normal, and I stifled a laugh at his bluntness.

Natalie quickly apologized and I assured her it was alright, just that my clothing deficiency made it hard to talk. She quickly whisked Mark away, and after they were out of earshot, Vaughn got out of the lake and found my bathing suit. Then, the whole way back home, Vaughn drove the jeep and all I heard was different variations of, "I thought that geezer was going to jizz in his khakis," to "Those nosy fucks."

And after a long, traumatizing day (for Vaughn) of being in the water, we realized we needed more food delivered. Vaughn went outside to meet with the people who were delivering our groceries, while I stood in front of the arched wall mirror admiring all the hickeys a certain six foot seven horny vampire left on my neck and breasts.