seventeen

Vaughn

Briars face transformed from confusion to recognition the moment she stood up from my desk chair, the one that she must've sat in right after I left. My sweet girl rushed over to me once she saw what I was carrying. 

Her evil previously unofficial, but now official cat.

"Vaughn you didn't!" She cried, and my heart felt warm at the pure excitement on her face. As she got closer to me and Penelope, her face turned concerned, and I thought for a moment we got the wrong fucking animal, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing it's just," She paused, studying the oddly large cat, "Penelope got fat." She laughed, and plucked Penelope from my arms. The cat surprisingly didn't put up a fight, which was a surprise to me, because my men said that was the meanest cat they'd ever seen.

Briar made a confused face, and began feeling around the cats stomach area, and after a second I could tell a lightbulb went off in her head, "Penelope you little whore!"

I furrowed my eyebrows at her in a silent question, and she looked back up at me, her eyes wide, "I think she's like, pregnant."

I frowned, "What? How?"

"Vaughn, I'm not explaining the birds and bees to you-" She started, but I cut her off, "I know how babies are made, smart ass, I'm confused as to why you think that." I clarified.

"Here," She reached out to grab my hand, "Feel her belly." I reluctantly felt the cats stomach, and I could indeed feel what felt like little tennis balls. I felt something else along her fur, and I looked back down at Briar, "Did you feel that? What are those?" I asked, and she moved her hand near mine, instantly letting out a laugh, "Those would be her nipples."

I yanked my hand back, "Gross."

"That could explain why she's been so mean, and gained so much weight."

I didn't know anything about cats, so I was just going to take her word for it.

"I can still keep her, and the babies?" She asked timidly, putting the fat cat down on the floor who immediately started roaming around the office.

We never had animals before in the Beaumont estate, and I knew my father was probably turning in his grave, but I couldn't deny Briar at this point. She has already put up with enough of my bullshit. So I needed to show her how much I appreciated her, and that this was her home now too.

"Whatever you want, sweetheart." I told her, and she gave me a smile, "Thank you."

Briar

"Now that we have that settled," Vaughn told me with a grin, picking me up by my waist and placing me on his sturdy desk. He used his hand to spread my legs, and then stood directly between my thighs, "You know you aren't supposed to sit in a Don's chair, sweetheart." He nodded his head toward his office chair, as an ode toward me sitting in it moments ago.

It was whenI felt his breath that I realized how close we were standing. His arms were placed beside both my thighs, caging me in. So, I decided to play with him a little bit, and wrap my fingers around his forearm closest to me, "Are you gonna do something about it?" I raised an eyebrow, and he placed his free hand on my throat, not rough enough to hurt, but enough to make me feel his strong fingers there. He used his thumb to tilt my head to where he wanted it, and subtly ran his nose along mine, and I felt a literal heartbeat in my vagina when he did so. 

Then he leaned closer, his lips so close to mine, "Briar?"

"Hm?" I asked, my eyes not able to leave his mouth.