ten

Briar

The day after Vaughn showed me around the estate, he surprisingly kept his word and let me go shopping to pick out a few articles of clothing. Fortunately, he let me go without him, but unfortunately he made Gia and I go with four bodyguards.

"Do not leave your guards under any circumstance, Briar. I'm not fucking around."

I rolled my eyes at his fifth time telling me the same thing, "I understand, Vaughn. I'm not five years old, nor a total idiot."

"I'm being serious. If you run, they will catch you. I would go with you, but I have an important meeting I can't cancel. This is a privilege, don't ruin it."

"What are you going to do if I do? Kill me?" I teased, and he didn't find it as funny as I did.

But nevertheless, Gia and I ended up going to a random shopping center that people typically went to to get their touristy 'Boston' apparel. At first, I was slightly embarrassed shopping there because the body guards made all the customers get out of the store we went in. Apparently, Vaughn insisted, and I wasn't sure if it was for my safety, or so I didn't try and rat him out. But when I realized all the sales people left me alone, I figured I liked this better than regular shopping.

Gia and I went to a few different stores, getting just a few basic articles of clothing, and couple sets of pajamas. I also picked out a winter jacket, some underwear, and now I was going to find a few dresses. I knew it was pretty much winter, but it was on Vaughn's dollar, so I was taking this opportunity and running with it.

I walked out of the dressing room, huffing out a breath, "Gia I can't get this tie-" I stopped in my tracks, my mouth dropping open when I saw Vaughn standing in the middle of the store, his behemoth self looking very out of place in the ritzy boutique.

He was speaking lowly to one of the body guards so I couldn't make out his words, and he must've seen me from his peripheral vision. He turned his head, and his eyes met mine for a second before they traveled down over my outfit as his face softened. My heart skipped a beat as goosebumps lined my arms, "What are you doing here?" I asked, lowering my voice.

He turned his full attention toward me, "My meeting ended early, so I figured I'd come and see how it was going, and let Gia go home." He told me, "What did you need from her?"

"Oh, um, it's fine. Never mind." I assured him, but he furrowed his eyebrows, "Briar."

"I just needed her to tie the back part up, that way I can see if the dress fits right, but don't worry about it."

He looked over at the two guards that were still with us, and told them to wait outside. They did as asked, and he walked closer toward me. Once he was within arms reach, I heard his deep voice, "Go back in the dressing room."

With a thick swallow I did as told, and walked back into the small room, which felt even smaller as Vaughn entered right behind me. After shutting the door behind him, he stood directly behind me, not moving until I felt him gather my hair in his hands, moving it all over to one side.

I felt his warm breath on the back of my neck, as he placed his giant hand on the small of my back right where the skin showed, his other hand reaching for the strings to tie me together. 

He tied it up slowly, and once he was done I looked up into the mirror for the first time. Vaughn was already staring at me. We immediately made eye contact, but my breath caught in my throat as I watched his finger slowly run down my bicep, then down my forearm. I inhaled shakily as goosebumps peppered my arms, his thick finger reaching into my clenched palm. I made a split decision, and wrapped my hand around his single finger, my mouth opening slightly.