twelve

Vaughn

The next morning when I woke up, I felt like I was sleeping under a warm, weighted blanket. I knew it was Briar, but this was a completely new feeling. I have never slept in the same bed as someone before. 

My little lamb was laying completely sprawled out on top of me, her head on burrowed in my neck, and her legs intertwined with mine with the large comforter covering her from head to toe.

If someone where to walk in, they wouldn't even know she was in here with me.

I lifted the blanket up to take a look at her, and I felt an uncomfortable warmth in my chest. Fuck, she's so beautiful.

When she had asked me to stay, I was hesitant. I have never laid with a woman for more time than needed. So even though I knew we wouldn't do anything beyond sleep, I found that I still wanted to be there with her. Which was not common.

I let her lay on my chest for a few minutes, then began running my hand over her back to gently coax her awake. After a few seconds I felt her start to stir, and her inner thigh rubbed right over my crotch, as her light green eyes slowly opened.

I felt my dick twitch, and she paused for a moment as she looked up with a shy smile, "Hi."

"Good morning." I greeted in return, and she started to shift off of me, but when she moved I felt her leg rub against my dick again. She must've been confused as to what her leg was touching, because she lifted the comforter, and looked straight at my morning wood through my boxers.

Her face immediately morphed into a little lamb caught in headlights, as she turned an endearing shade of red. She placed the blanket back down, but adverted her eyes. I didn't know why she was so shy, it's not like she's never seen one before, she dated that one fucker with the bun.

Her wide eyes met mine, "Does that like, hurt you?" She motioned toward my crotch with an intent face.

"No," I gave a chuckle at her sweet question, "but it is uncomfortable."

"Hold on a second." She furrowed her brows, and reached over to the night stand, grabbing her hearing aid. I watched intently as she placed it on her ear and adjusted it. She looked embarrassed at my watchful eyes, her movements sloppy from rushing. 

"I'm sorry." She told me, and I was taken aback for a moment, was she really apologizing to me over something that she needed?

Well, that won't fuckin' fly. I placed my hand on her jaw, squeezing her cheeks together, and used my thumb to tilt her head toward me, "Look at me." I demanded, and she reluctantly made eye contact.

"Don't you ever apologize to me, or anyone else for this again. You hear me?" I demanded. 

She looked a little nervous as she sat up, and nodded her head. She went to open her mouth but suddenly her face turned serious, and she rushed out of the bed and to the bathroom.

I was confused about her reaction, but Briar confused me constantly, this was nothing new.

But the longer she stayed in there, the more confused I had grown. I knocked onto the bathroom door. "What's wrong?" I asked, and got no response.

"Briar, are you okay?" I repeated, and she took a second to answer, but sounded a little irritated, "Can you go get Gia? Please?"

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. "I'm not asking again. What do you need?"

I was met with more agitating silence.

"Tell me what's wrong, or I'm coming in there." I told her, and she let out a sigh, "I need a tampon. I started my period."