"I- I'm serious", I let out a breath as she gently strokes my scalp, "you do this all the time..."

My eyes flutter shut once more, goosebumps covering my skin at the sensation of her petting me.

My voice grows meek as I lean into her gentle hand.

"The teasing... t- the looks... the little touches... I..."

"Hm?"

"I-"

The door swings open, causing me to push her back slightly.

"Come on. It's game time babyy", Alex says, excitedly banging on the door as he walks off.

I sigh in relief, thankful that he's too dumb to comprehend what was happening.

"We'll talk later, okay?", she states.

I nod, knowing that I don't really have a choice.

"For now, let's fucking win this."

~

"Back, back!", she shouts as she picks up a gap in our formation.

Just as she thought, their wing tries to go through the gap in our defense, but before I could even move, she tackles him down.

Holy...

"That's the stuff, cap!", Brooke shouts as he smirks at the opposing team. She jumps up, nodding at Alex as he pats her on the back.

I relax as the ref informs us that there's a water break, walking my way over to Calix.

"That was insane man", I grab onto her T-shirt as she drapes her arm over my shoulder.

"Just doing my job", she chuckles.

I look at the scoreboard.

37 - 15

"Hey cap? You still up for that ride if we win?"

She smirks, "You mean when we win."

She drinks some water, pouring the rest over her head. I can't help but stare as it drips down her muscular neck and seeps into her shirt.

She's so hot...

"Want some?", she raises another water bottle and I nod, eyes following the contraction of her bicep.

Stop it, Zach.

Simp.

We finish up drinking water and head back to the field soon after. She gives me a brief hug, patting me on the back as she lets go.

"Let's rail these last few minutes, shall we?"

I smile at her use of words, nodding as she walks off to stand in position. Sometimes I hate that she's in the front lines... I want her to be here, with me.

But it is logical that coach put her there. The mass, the brute strength... she belongs there.

As the ref gives the green and the ball hits the air, I immediately look at her. She doesn't signal or say anything as the ball goes into play and we drive them closer to our try-line.

Good.

I stay close to Connor as we start our line formation. The ball flows as we move forward, swiftly being passed from person to person.

Her eyes meet mine as the ball lands in her hands. I see an opening in their defense... I can make it.

My expectant gaze urges her to pass the ball directly to me and as soon as I catch it, I step right past their eighth man.

'Yes. Perfect', her expression silently praises.

I run as fast as I can, consequently outmatching everyone in speed. Slowing down, I score right underneath the rugby posts.

That's five more points.

"Fuck yeah!", Calix cheers as she swiftly picks me up, smiling at me. I briefly catch Alex kicking the ball out of bounds and still for a moment.

That means... we won.

For a moment it felt like time stood still. Her smile, her eyes, her strong grip around me.

She looked happy... proud.

Of me.