"For fuck sake Rocco! I am on the line here! I don't need another fucking body turning up!"

"Watch your tone, Harry! And he won't be turning up anytime soon. It's sorted." With that I end the call with a groan. Fucking dirty cops.

He wasn't the only problem on my mind. A certain redheaded spitfire invaded my thoughts more times than I'd like to count, and I'd only met her on a couple occasions. What possessed me to give her a lift home I don't know but I was intrigued by her from the minute I walked into her- the first time that is- the way her hair was unruly, her eyes glaring as she stuck her middle finger up at me. However, behind the aggressive attitude something stood out but I'm not quite sure what it is. It seems like she isn't very trusting and it's almost like there is a pain behind her eyes. She is one nut though that I'd love to crack.

The morning goes in quick and by 2pm I'm running on nothing but coffee and blind faith. The long days of running this business and the late nights keeping my boys in check is starting to show. Groaning I lean back in my chair trying to stretch out the tension in my back. Shutting off my computer I go to get ready to leave for lunch, just then my intercom goes off.

"Mr. Rodriguez you have a visitor." Jenny my assistants voice filters through. Strange I have no appointments scheduled for this afternoon.

"Send them in Jenny."

Who walks through the door surprises me. In walks Addie Jones strutting into my office like she owns the place. Dressed head to toe in black with her unruly ginger hair tied back into a messy bun.

"Spitfire, this is a nice surprise. Missing me already?" My eyebrow quirks and I laugh slightly at her glare.

"No. I wanted to thank you and the only number you gave me was your business number. I don't do business calls plus I wanted to see what the big Rocco Rodriguez did for work. I'm nosey what can I say?" She shrugs looking very innocent. The things I'd do to this woman.

Nodding my head with a smirk on my face grabbing my suit jacket. "Oh, sorry I didn't know you were leaving." Addie frowns looking uncomfortable.

"Yes, we are leaving. I'm starving and I don't fancy eating alone today." I guide her out of the office locking the door and heading to the elevator.

We are seated at one of my favorite stops for lunch in New York. It's nothing fancy but it serves delicious food and is close to the office.

"So, tell me about yourself Spitfire?" My question seems to take her aback slightly, a small frown graces her forehead.

"There isn't much to say really. I moved here 3 years ago for school; I major in history. I work at Vault which you obviously know, I live by myself, and I have one really good friend. There isn't really much else for me to say." Addie lightly laughs tucking a stray hair behind her ear. I've noticed she does that when she is nervous a habit, she does around me often. Hmm it appears I make her nervous, good.

"No family over here? And what made you study history?" Something doesn't seem right with her. I ran a background check on her the other night when I dropped her off. It came back this morning and Addie Jones is a ghost, the only records of her span back 3 years when she apparently moved here. No family, no friends and certainly no school records to show she is even enrolled in anywhere. It appears that Addie Jones is lying and possibly even running from someone but who? I'm going to keep it quiet just now though. Playing this game, it's just too fun.

"Nope it's just me and I choose history because it's always fascinated me. Learning about the past can map the way for the future. Learning about the mistakes and the hardships others faced makes you realize just how lucky we are to live in the world we do." Addie's eyes light up showing just how passionate she is about the topic. Maybe the lie she is living isn't as black and white as I first thought.

We carry on our lunch chatting back and forth about nothing really in particular, learning little things about each other. We don't talk about anything serious; the subjects almost seem trivial but it's nice. Usually all I talk about is business and violence so to be able to have a nice conversation with a beautiful woman is refreshing.

Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of beautiful women coming and going but there isn't usually much talking going on. We fuck and then they leave, just the way I like it. I don't have time for a relationship and quite frankly I don't want one. But with Addie the talking and the lunch seems so easy and I'm actually enjoying myself.

We talk and drink until the restaurant informs me that they are closing to reset for dinner. Paying the bill, we head out into the winter cold. Noticing the shivering redhead beside me I instinctively pull her closer to me trying to heat her up. Shocking not only Addie but myself as well, I'm not usually such a gentleman but this spitfire is doing things to me.

Hailing down a cab I open the door for Addie allowing her to slip in the car before following in tow, giving the man her address. Addie looks confused as to why I got in the car, do I want to make sure she gets home safe yes, but my intentions aren't all that pure.

"Thank you for lunch and everything but you didn't need to take me to my door." Addie breaks the silence tucking her hair behind her ear again.

"I have to make sure the lady gets home. My ma would turn in her grave if I let you get home yourself." I'm not lying the women engrained into me how to treat a lady. I've just never found a true lady to do it for.

The car stops outside Addies apartment and I pay the fare as she steps out the car and goes to open the front door. I follow her to the door noticing the same car parked across the road as I did the other night when I brought her home. It wouldn't be too strange but the two men watching the house get my back up, somethings not right. Shaking the feeling I follow her up the stairs to her apartment waiting for her to open the door.

"You refused the other night, but I insist you come in this time." Addie states before I can say anything she is pulling me into her house. "Thank you for everything today, I had a really good time." She thanks me staying put in the hallway, looking up at me with those fucking big blue eyes. This one is going to be the death of me.

"You don't need to thank you spitfire, it's my pleasure." I say walking towards her, so she is backed up against the wall, just where I want her. There have been countless times where I have wanted to devour her, but I held back, this time though I don't think I'll be able to restrain myself.

Before I can think of all the reasons it would be a bad idea, two small hands wrap round my neck bring my lips to hers in a forceful way. Sighing I pull her into me taking control of the kiss, loving how soft her lips are and the way they perfectly mold to mine. Just as I'm about to take off her jacket my phone rings.

Groaning I fumble around in my pocket trying to find the fucking thing. "What fucking is it!?" I question whoever it is on the phone extremely pissed off that I've been interrupted.

"Boss, its Bruno, he's been shot." The unknown voice rings through my ears. Fuck, looking down at Addie who looks flushed with deliciously swollen lips. Why does this need to happen now?

"I'll be right there, take him to my apartment." I end the call sighing. Pulling Addie into me once more pressing a light kiss on her lips.

"As much as I'd love to finish what we have started spitfire, I have to sort out an emergency."

"It's okay. Go do what you have to do, and I'll maybe see you later." Addie smiles pushing me towards the door.

Laughing I nod my head walking out of her door. Turning back to see her standing at the front door watching me leave with a satisfied smirk on her face. Yes, this girl is going to be the death of me.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hello darlings!

So we finally get to see Rocco in action!

The encounters between Addie and Rocco will get less awkward once they get to know each other better.

What do you think is going to happen?

Thank you so much for reading!!

If you can please vote and comment it would really mean the world!xxx