Chapter 5: Searching for flowers.

Почніть із самого початку

With that look, Ye Yunlan thought of himself in his previous life.

In the first half of his life, he had asked for help countless times

...but was deceived by lies again and again, and was abandoned again and again.

Later, he finally learned to be silent. Occasionally, he would also wonder whether everything that happened would be completely different if someone were willing to extend their hand to him in the first place.

He turned to save the young man who was struggling and crawling on the ground. It was as if he crossed a torrent that spanned hundreds of years and he was attempting to save the young him.

The Fire Phoenix transformed by the divine fire essence crashed into his body, and every inch of his meridians in his body were broken.

The blood couldn't stop flowing from his lips, but he didn't care.

Life and death, long ago, was no longer something he was attached to.

The boy standing by the window was still watching him stubbornly.

Ye Yunlan was silent for a moment, then said: "If you really want a reason, it's probably because I think you're a little similar to me."

"Similar?" The boy blinked suspiciously.

Ye Yunlan didn't want to explain too much: "I have answered your question, you should go."

"No," the boy shook his head, "I have another question."

Ye Yunlan: "Speak."

The boy seriously asked: "Immortal Lord, you saved me, so how can I...repay you?"

"...I don't need your repayment." Ye Yunlan showed his fatigue and indifference. He leaned over the window sill and wanted to reach out to close the window, "It's my own business to save people, and it's my own business to be injured. It has nothing to do with anyone. I don't know how you got in, but I suggest you hurry up and leave before you get discovered."

The sleeve of his shirt was suddenly grabbed by the boy.

"No one will find out." The boy said, "Before I came in, I had already investigated carefully around this area. There is only the Immortal Lord... alone."

Ye Yunlan wanted to shake off the boy's hand, but his eyes noticed the boy's scarred fingers and twisted, broken nails.

Most of his wounds have scabbed, yet they still look hideous.

The boy pulled his sleeves. There was a coagulated blood stain on the plain white robe, leaving dark red marks.

It was like cinnabar crushed on rice paper.

Very obvious.

"Immortal Lord, tell me...what do you want?"

The boy asked him unyieldingly.

Because of their position, they were very close at this time. Ye Yunlan could even see each of the teenager's gently trembling eyelashes.

"...What can you give me?" Ye Yunlan asked after a long time.

"Everything." The boy spoke without hesitation.

A breeze blew by and the clouds were broken through by the moon.

The moonlight poured over the thin shoulders of the teenager. Those eyes became brighter under the moonlight.

He repeated earnestly: "I can give the Immortal Lord... everything."

Ye Yunlan's voice was still cold: "Including your life?"

The boy nodded, "Including my life."

"...What do I want your life for?" Ye Yunlan looked away.