26: Dreaming Further

"Katarina?"

She perked up, 'Huh?'

He rubbed his eyes awake, bright like sunshine, and the smell of grass hit him.

"Where..?" He squinted his eyes when they landed on a vast field in front of him.

"Katarina? What are you doing?"

He turned to look, "Y-Y/n?"

It was dreamy, she looked dreamy.

Her eyes were full of adoring love as she walked over holding the hand of a four-year-old boy.

"Daddy!"

The boy rushed to him, hugging them, Katarina was still comprehending the situation, 'What is this?'

"I see you were done with your work, how were the vegetables you sold to the market, dear?"

Katarina looked up at y/n after he unconsciously put a hand on the boy's head, 'Market??'

"It was.. fine as usual, I sold it all for a fair price!" He spoke without thinking first, it came out so naturally though, like a flow of a calm river.

Y/n sat down beside him and the young boy.

"Yuki.. don't you want to sit down than hug so much?" She hummed.

"Oh, Daddy, upsies.." Yuki, that was his name as he stretched his cute arms out to him.

'Yuki?' Katarina's eyes widened for a second, it was a familiar name from somewhere but when he tried to remember where while reaching to carry him, everyone suddenly went a blur and his eyes became hazy as everything glitched out disappearing from view and he fell on his behind after.

She shook her head clear while groaning, "Ow...."

"How was it?"

The voice of a woman, mature and toned well enough to be just as serious as a priest in a church.

She looked, after that small strange event happened, his body turned back to its original form, a woman's.

"Who..?" She got back up to her feet before dusting her white sleeping gown with both hands, asking a second time, "Who are you?"

The woman looked as though they were in their young sixties, a baby face of the sorts as she calmly tapped a finger to the side of her face in deep thought of something while gazing down at Katarina from ten steps away.

"The future I showed you."

The dark abyss they stood upon seemed to shake every time she spoke, Katarina took notice of it when she spoke a second time to her, "What..!?"

She couldn't understand what she was trying to tell her.

"The future, Katarina.. didn't you wish for freedom? I gave it to you, so do you like that future I showed you or not? You're nineteen in that time stamp."

Nineteen? That is quite young.

"What future are you talking about? Wait, was that me in the future??" She sputtered asking.

The woman stood quiet for a moment.

"Yes."

Katarina exasperated a gasp hearing that, "I'm gonna be a dad?!?!!?"

The older woman took her time processing that, she smiled, and she was glad her new customer after a long time liked the way she granted her wish.

Katarina perked up, "But wait, does that mean I ran away five years ago..? Which means I disappeared from the world and became a new person?"

That was a strange thing to say, even she knew that.

"No, you didn't disappear, people are still looking for you, they even tried to wish to find your location. I answered that, but they pried into your privacy which ultimately, ruined the rule in their wish."

'People are looking for me..?' Katarina paused, 'They want to kill me so badly, they must have knights rampaging with swords and torches..!'

"Either way, it's time to wake up. Your dog wants to speak with you."

"My what?"

An odd sensation of wetness came to her face.