10: Bridal Carry

Y/n fell asleep on Katarina's chest as his horse began to slow its pace into a calm one.

He smiled while looking down at her, she was strangely normal looking but captivating and beautiful, 'She's so pretty.'

He flinched, immediately shaking that thought away, what the hell is he even thinking? He can't be having such thoughts like that.

What would y/n think about him??

'Snap out of it, Katarina.' grumbling under his breath, it was getting dark and they were nearing a border to a town.

He stopped right in front of the gate that was guarded by two knights.

"Stop right there," one said, "The fee is..."

Katarina paid with a single gold coin.

It was shocking to the two knights but Katarina looked at them with such dangerously cold ocean eyes, it suddenly made the both of them just into frozen statues in their posts letting them in without questioning where the gold coin came from.

Danger, that's what they sensed at the moment. It was like being questioned why they were asking money from an all-powerful beloved child of heaven and hell. A monster.

Though, misunderstandings can go a long way as Katarina was surprised at their hospitality while her horse marched forward.

Y/n was still sound asleep against him.

"Y/n..?" He tried to wake her up.

She perked up, "H-Huh..? What?"

Rubbing her eyes awake.

Katarina smiled, 'So adorable.'

"We've arrived.."

"Huh? Oh, I know this town." Y/n knew the place.

"Hm? You do?" Katarina blinked asking with Y/n nodding along, telling him, "There's a nice inn near a good restaurant that way."

"Okay." Katarina moved his horse around to start its pace again.

"How long was I asleep?" Y/n wondered.

"You seemed tired so I let you sleep a bit more... So maybe an hour?" Katarina summed it up for her.

"Oh." Y/n chirped, she didn't sleep that much which was good, Katarina can be a bit strange but he was quite the gentleman and it won't be that good when she meets her Father again, asking who this man she was with. Her Father didn't want her to marry until she was over nineteen.

That was a strict rule on her.

"Arf! Arf!!"

The two perked up. The horse didn't stop walking though. It was Pochi.

"Oh? Pochi," Katarina smiled seeing him, "What are you doing here?? Go back home!"

Y/n perked up, "Home??"

"Oh, uhh..." Katarina flinched as she squinted her eyes suspiciously up at him.

"Arf!" Pochi rushed jumping into the horse's shadow below like it was a puddle of water.

Katarina wore a meek smile, lying through his teeth, "He... I don't know the dog too well."

"Oh?" Y/n believed him.

"It's like... A magical pet that I don't own but likes me." Katarina explained, what a blatant lie though.

"I see..." Y/n nodded in understanding, she just figured out he's lying to him now, "It's this one."

She made Katarina stop in front of an inn. It wasn't fancy but it looked cozy.

Katarina hopped down his horse.

Y/n did the same, only.

"Oh-!?"

She might've landed on her behind hard if Katarina hadn't caught her in time, "Careful..!"

Her arms were on his shoulder.

Being carried like a princess wasn't something she expected always but this seemed different than last time.

"Are you okay?" Katarina asked as he slowly put her back down her feet.