3: Back Home

Katarina was in the carriage with her brother, it was the weekends.

"I wonder how my farm is doing.." she hummed pondering.

Her little brother chuckled, "I'm sure it's fine. It's been well-taken care of after all, Sister."

"Heheh... You're right." Katarina grinned for a second before immediately gasping after jumping to a conclusion, "But what if some of the plants aren't okay!?"

Keith assured her the plants were fine.

Katarina exasperated her second gasp, "But what if mother asked all of them to get destroyed!??"

"Sister," Keith snickered for a second while rolling his eyes, "Mother would never do such a thing."

"Keith, what if she would?" Katarina frowned feeling displeased with such thoughts she was having.

"She won't... I promise." Keith assured her a little more.

...

When they arrived, Katarina immediately greeted their parents and had some tea for a bit before being let off to do whatever they want.

She rushed to check on her vegetables without question with Keith trailing behind her tail.

As Keith expected, nothing happened. They were as healthy as his sister remembered them to be.

"The tomatoes are freshly ripe, Keith." Katarina cheered.

Keith nodded.

"Let's get the chefs to use them for dinner!" She gleamed.

"Oh, if you want." Keith chuckled.

"Yeah!" Katarina fumed with excitement.

Oh, his sister sure was always something for her. Today was such a lovely day as well. Well, they arrived this afternoon right after lunch so it was going to be evening soon.

"Hey, Keith, if you could've made a wish on that item back in the academy. What would you have wished for?" Katarina wondered.

Keith's eyes widened for a second before his expression immediately calmed back down, that question unexpectedly came out of the blue for him.

"I would've wished for your happiness." He said.

Katarina laughed, "And what about your happiness??"

Keith hummed, explaining, "You're my happiness so seeing you happy would make me happy."

His Sister huffed, standing back up, she nodded with a hand under her chin.

Keith felt a trickle of sweat behind his neck, 'What's she thinking about now?'

"If it's that then I promise to stay positive with everything no matter what!" She put on her usual charming but oblivious smile.

For a moment, it bewildered Keith before he fell laughing in amusement. He just loves his sister so much.

...

Dinner with the family.

Millidiana didn't even do anything about the way she ate, she was unfortunately way too used to it by now.

Luigi never cared to do anything about it in forever since he loves his daughter just as much as his son.

"How was the academy?" Luigi asked.

The two perked up.

"It was great!" Katarina said.

"After I was kidnapped, everything went back to the way it was." Keith joked.

"We'll have to get on the principal's neck first thing next week for their lack of security," Millidiana chidded.

"Please don't." Keith chuckled.

"It's a must, Keith, you could've been hurt worse." Luigi cleared his throat aloud saying that.

Katarina smiled.

"Oh, Father..." Keith sighed smiling.

"Fortunately, your sister brought you back home unscathed." Millidiana praised Katarina for that, she had her doubts after all. Even though Katarina could be a bit barbaric, she can be brave in the most surprising ways.

...

Anne tucked Katarina to bed.

As much as Katarina can do it herself by now, she still does it.

Though Katarina doesn't mind it.